Honeymoon Discussions
Options

October Honeymoon

Hey!!!

So I am trying to plan a honeymoon for next October Our budget will be about 5k and we are looking to go somewhere warm and beachy.  Does anyone have any MUST look into suggestions? :) We are ideally looking to do a 10 day honeymoon but obviouslt that might need to be shorter depending on prices for flgihts, hotels, etc. SO any travel tips are welcome!

Thanks

Re: October Honeymoon

• Options
    Mexico. We were going to go Oct. 9th-16th. BUT due to our wedding being in july 2011, we had to move up the date to Sept. 25th-Oct. 2nd to get the honeymoon package.

Mexico is so pretty. Plus theres tons to do.. go to the mayan ruins, zipline through a jungle, or simply lay on the beach 24/7.

Secret's Maroma Beach is where we are staying.
    Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to Excellence Playa Mujeres in October, staying 7 nights in a two-story room with a rooftop terrace (private pool and daybeds on the terrace... amazing!!), and it is all-inclusive and GORGEOUS!! All of the reviews on trip advisor are great. Maybe I am just biased because this is where we picked to go, but it's definitely worth checking out. And they have a 35% off sale for booking early to travel in October!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hawaii. I'm a bit biased, but the Hawaiian Islands are beautiful. And you can split the time between two or more islands. Personally I'd suggest a few days on the Big Island (Volcanoe national park is beautiful and the island is very peaceful) or Maui (road to hana offers some amazing views of vaterfalls) and the rest of the time on Oahu. Beautiful beaches, great atmostphere, and less bugs than most warm places. I know that seems like a silly thing, but if you want to spend time outside, like outside bars at night, it makes a difference. Hawaii has huge variety of things to do ranging from quiet, secluded and romantic to fun, adventurous and outdoors-y, to a good party scene/night life. I've been to the Caribbean and there jsut seems to be a lot more variety here.
  • Options

Another vote for Riveria Maya, Mexico!

We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach with the preferred club upgrade Oct 18-25th this year and loved it.  We paid $3900 for 8 days, 7 nights with insurance flying out of O'Hare.

I have a review and pics in my bio.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards