Florida-Central Florida
Options

Disappointing Open House, Total Bummer.

Hey guys,

Fiance and I attended the open house that Tavern and Chapel in the Garden (Port Orange, FL) held this weekend.  From their website and photos, it looked lovely, spacious, and so wonderful.  I was so excited to go check it out and check out their suggested vendors. 

The result could not have been more disappointing.  The grounds and gardens were not kept well, there were some pretty awful smells going on, there was much less room than previously thought, and it seemed like none of hte buildings had even been dusted before the open house.  Part of me says, "Well, duh, Sarah, of course they will only put up photos of their location that make it look picture-perfect" and another part says "How did those photos ever occur?"   

I guess I was wondering if anyone else attended the open house (and had a similar reaction) or just wanting to commiserate.  After all, even though I have plenty of time to find and book a venue, it's such a bummer to get all excited to get up and find one and come home emptyhanded and confused.  I guess it's time to open my search a bit more...

It gets better, right?  At least, when I have a venue the rest will be easier?  

Re: Disappointing Open House, Total Bummer.

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard good things about the Tavern & Chapel, that's surprising to hear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I overall liked many things about the place when I looked but hated how small it was. I thought the space inside would be hard to use and set up because of the size and layout. I thought it was also awfully expensive for what you got. They quoted me like $5K for the property for the day. I thought that was outrageous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SilverSarahBSilverSarahB member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a sensitive respiritory system, so I know that I am more sensitive to pollutants like dust...but I was in a 'bar setup' room in one of the cottages and ran my finger along the conter which gave me a nice, thick layer of grey dust on my finger.  That is absolutely unexceptable to me--allowing that kind of dust to build up not only means that they didn't clean it before the open house, but that they hadn't cleaned it in quite some time.  

I agree...even though all the promotional materials I found said "Ten acres..." the grounds were very small and cramped, and far more expensive than I would have ever paid for that context.   I thought the chapel was lovely, but that was the best part and I am not going to be married in a chapel, so even that benefit was kind of lost on me.  

I had only heard good reveiws of this place, which is partially why it was so shocking that the open house was so disappointing.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards