Florida-Central Florida

How to coordinate and execute a beach ceremony?

We are getting married in Daytona Beach Shores in March this year during most kids spring break. We are booked for the reception at the Wilbur Boathouse and I had originally planned using the space for both ceremony and reception. My honey has not had an opinion on much during the planning process but one thing he really, really wants is to be married on the beach itself. Oh goodness. Our ceremony is not scheduled until five, but how in the world do I plan a ceremony on the beach? This was not planned in our budget so we really don't have much to work with and I am doing the planning myself without a wedding planner. Any advice? Is there a particularly good beach spot within close distance that will not be over crowded? How do you accomodate for crowd control on a public beach? What do I need? Anyone who has done this themselves please part with any and all advice, I am starting to panic!

Re: How to coordinate and execute a beach ceremony?

• I am hopefully doing a ceremony on the beach in Cocoa and am also thinking about all the logistics of it.
    My advantage is I am using a spot of the beach that is public, but private access only. This will vastly cut down on the amount of random beachgoers that will be in our way. Most of the people around will be neighbors of my Aunt (some renting) so I am hoping because our ceremony will be short they will be understanding. I am okay with having some random people watching as long as they're not intruding. My experience with the people there even though they are weird, they are extremely nice. 
    I am between ideas for seating, should I rent chairs or should I do a mix of chairs and blankets? I'm making this casual but I will have a good majority of people who will be older and needing chairs. The other issue is that I know some renters are not thrilled with not using flatter ground. Let me know who you use for renting chairs if you do this I would like to know how they did.
    You could possibly hire someone for security as to keep beach goers away but I would try to find a more secluded spot of beach and keep the ceremony short.

Good luck let me know how it goes!
  • You will be near a beach called Ponce Inlet. There is a lighthouse nearby. The inlet is just to the south of the jetty and is usually pretty quiet. No cars are allowed there and most people stick north of the jetty,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards