Florida-Central Florida

Vendor Reviews

Hello brides to be!  I don't and haven't posted on this board very much BUT I did get married in Orlando last Sunday so I wanted to share my vendor reviews in case someone was looking for a particular vendor.   

M.A.D.D. Vybez Entertainment (DJ)  I found them at a bridal show in early 2011 and liked the representatives I met at that time.  Plus they had a great special going on so I wanted to lock in a really good price for the DJ.  DJ Merck and our MC RaShall kept the floor CROWDED the whole night! I was so pleased with them because the not only handled the reception but also the ceremony and cocktail hour.  We absolutely loved them!  Service overall was pretty prompt.  They have a thoroughly impressive music collection and even helped us determine some of our music choices for the ceremony.  Near the end of the reception, our MC let us know that they gifted a lighting package to us for uplighting and our cake tables.  Even though they offer some standard lighting options within their regular package, I thought that was more than nice and definitely a surprise since we didn't expect to get.  A+  

Its Tasty Too !  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys! Not only did they make a beautiful wedding cake for us, they did a fantastic job on the groom's cake and it all tasted so good.  We started out with a multiflavored cake with multiple fillings but then ended up with 1 cake flavor with multiple fillings.  Our guests loved the cakes so much and we are still getting compliments on them.    Every time we had a change or thought of something new, Michelle or Jay was helpful.  We ended up "renting" a cake stand from them.  At first it seemed like  the cost was very high ($150 check deposit) but in all actuality they only hold the check, provided you return the stand within their time limit.  So no harm, no fowl.  The only downside if any is that they respond to emails once a week.  I really didn't run into any issues with this because I didn't need to talk to them too much and overall had no need to contact them a lot in the end.  Here are some pictures of our cakes. A+++ 

M&L Photo/video - By far the most anticipated vendor I am waiting to hear back from with our final pictures.  Marty was very personable and took a TON of pictures at the wedding.  We found them at a bridal show and at first couldn't believe the pricing.  They offer video services too so I picked packages that were best for our needs and they offered a special so we got an extra discount.  So far we are very pleased with the service.  They were on time for the day of and got all the highlights we wanted.  I am about to order my album so pending return of the pictures and album I am holding on the grade but they are definitely in the A/B range at this point.

Windermere Flowers  OMG!!!! Without a doubt THE MOST BEAUTIFUL flowers I have ever seen in my life.  Rebecca's work is definitely on the high end side as far as looks go but the cost was actually pretty reasonable.  When we met the first time I told my planner that if she was too far out of budget for my bouquet alone we would have to find another option.  THANKFULLY my bouquet was WAY below the cost I was expecting.  We ended up getting flowers for the entire bridal party plus parents and grand parents and 2 large arrangements for our arbor.  Total for all this was $450 max.  Everything was fresh, large stems and great colors.  If we were local I probably would have had tried to have a larger floral budget.  She offered a military discount too so that was helpful.   Also the large arrangements were late add ons, Rebecca had no problems with the little detail that I gave her and they turned out beautifully. A+++

Carolyn Allen's Bridal and Tuxedos - The guys tuxes were ordered almost at the last possible moment and no one was local.  No problem for Carolyn Allen's!  We were able to place all the orders online or by fax.  They then had the tuxes ready a few days before for any adjustments.  Service included FREE delivery and pickup of all the tuxes from our venue since it was on Disney World.  I also used them to steam my dress and veil.  They came the morning of the wedding and did it in my room.  Price for that included the steaming for the dress with a short veil.  Every question or comment answered quickly and every issue taken care of with options.  Truly a stress free experience.  A++ 

Shades of Green Resort on Disney World - We are OVER THE MOON in love with Shades of Green! SOG is a military exclusive resort on Disney property without all the Disney cost.  We booked our venue pretty early because we got married on a holiday weekend (Labor Day) and wanted to be sure we had a great place to have our wedding.  Initially when we booked it, we had one sales manager but along the way she left.  Thankfully her replacement honored ALL of the items we had discussed previously.  There were some bumps in communication but once the day got closer we were all good!  We had several family members stay there and everyone was extremely impressed with the resort.  For our wedding we were able to decorate for both the ceremony and reception almost completely on 2 full days before our big day.  The entire staff that handled rehearsal meals, the events and service were PHE-NOM-ME-NAL!!  We accidentally left a few things there after we left and they were very helpful to make sure someone got it to us.  I can't say enough about the food because we have heard from our guests that we OVERfed them.  Cocktail service was butler passed and we opted for a buffet that included a fish portion, chicken portion, and beef portion plus 3 salad types and 2 starches for all one price (LESS THAN $30.00/person!).  I did eat some of my meal and loved it all but couldn't eat it all at that time.  I STRONGLY and HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who is past military, present military or just knows someone who could sponsor them to utilize the space.  You will not be disappointed and it is truly a hidden gem! A+++++++

EyeDareU Makeup Artistry - I found Dare by looking at another bride's pictures who used the same venue and used her.  She was great!.  She brought along her assistant and we love GORGEOUS in the end.  I'm not a lashes wearer but she managed to get them on me and the effect was wonderful.  I had 2 teens that needed makeup and thankfully they didn't look like clowns.  Pricing was really good and she definitely loves her craft which made me feel even better because I didn't want the heavy look I've had before wearing MAC.  A++

No Limit Events - This was my surprise to EVERYONE!! I wanted to do something a little extra so my planner found a event rental place that was able to make snow cones and cotton candy for our guests.  From the kids to the adults everyone loved it and were really caught off guard.  Pricing was good and they had 2 people there to run the machines so no worries for me.  I ended up cutting my order in the end and they adjusted with ease.  For something extra I'd recommend them. A

Sensational Services, Rev. Glynn Ferguson - Rev. Glynn is FABULOUS!  We initally just did the over the phone and email thing but once hubby and I met with him, everything seemed like a perfect match.  Our ceremony was beautiful and I loved that he let us pick the version that was best for us PLUS we used a unity cross which was new to our family members and he did a great job incorporating that into the ceremony.  His humor and personality were a definite plus.  All of our guests just loved him and he made the ceremony stressLESS. A++
Planner Services - This is a good friend who just happens to do party planning on the side.  She is beyond great and I'm glad we had her to help with our planning.
80 said yes image

Re: Vendor Reviews

• One of my friends got married at Shades of Green in February. She loved it!

And good to know about Windermere Flowers--I was thinking of using them for my wedding. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards