Florida-Central Florida

cool guest book alternative.

I came across this and thought it was so cool. My FI and I are thinking of using it for our Oct. 2011 purple and green wedding.  This is a great item to keep forever by framing and hanging on your wall.  Plus if you worried about guest hands being dirty just wrap a box of baby wipes all nice at the table. 

http://www.mywedding.com/jessupandrosenthalwedding/

Re: cool guest book alternative.

• edited December 2011
    You never posted what it was....but I am assuming its the Guest Book Tree?? "Leaf a Thumb Print and Sign Your Name"? I see those on Etsy.com all the time and want one soo bad!!!

I gave in and made a guestbook with our engagement pictures on Mixbook.com but am still considering the guestbook tree bc, as you said, it would be great piece of art to place in your home, as well as a nice memory to see all the wonderful people who shared that special day with you and your hubby. =)
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was going to try to think of something creative, but I ended up ordering a book from picaboo.com (they are FREE, 20 pgs leather cover, until the end of the month) and I think it turned out great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing the thumbprint tree. My MOH works with a graphic artist/printer and she had him do it for me. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • edited December 2011
    The thumbprint tree was our runner up, but we went for the silly madlibs instead =)

I'm sure that thumbprint tree can turn out so pretty!! Cant wait to see it.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a cute idea.  We are having guest book frames.  We are our photographer enlarge one of our engagement photos and having it matted and framed.  The mat will be larger enough for people to sign.

Now we just need to pick out which picture to use...
  • edited December 2011
    oops yeah here the link!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54756217/guestbook-fingerprint-tree-12x12?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=guest+book+tree&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title

accidently posted our wedding website instead oops!  I think this is so cute. I like the signing the picture idea too.  I think this is a great idea for fall brides especially.
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats cool. So what you buy paints and have your guest put there thumb print on the photo right?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    yeah you can buy a stamp pad or paints in the colors of your wedding or whatever you want.
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stardust, we're between the same two things! Can you send me a copy if your Mad Libs, if you don't mind? ashbosity@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    we bought little ink pads from joanns and michaels. They're actually JUST the right size for thumbs. 

Ours is printed on canvas. 

Its perfect for our wedding because we're getting married in a garden- fits the theme well.
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_cool-guest-book-alternative?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:c5776e26-099f-4ff8-9cef-65d83c55ff2ePost:b41a73b9-f591-454c-88f4-08b2304abc1b">Re: cool guest book alternative.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stardust, we're between the same two things! Can you send me a copy if your Mad Libs, if you don't mind? ashbosity@hotmail.com
    Posted by ashbosity[/QUOTE]

Sure! I took the idea from TheKnot earlier this year, and combined it with another one I randomly found online and made it in Publisher. They turned out cute! Sending it now! =)
  • edited December 2011
    my cousin did that..it was soo cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a super cute artsy guest book idea that I found earlier this year.  Guests leave their fingerprint (mafde with colorful, washable ink) and sign a little not...so cute! You can see more about it here: http://shaycochranephotography.com/blog/?p=2173

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards