Florida-Central Florida

uh...should I be worried?

One of my BMs told me last night that she hasn't tried on her dress yet since it came in months ago- and we have 8 days left. She doesn't remember it needing to be altered (I remember it being too big when it was ordered in DEC.) but she has a coworker who can sew who is supposed to take it in if it needs it. I think I would have tried the dress on before a week out but I'm super OCD about that stuff so really I would have got it altered like 2 months out or more. 

Plus, the coworker she has working on it has a lot of health problems so she can be a little (understandably) unreliable. Can we agree to send the dress vibes so that it fits her perfectly w/ out needing any altering please?

Re: uh...should I be worried?

• edited December 2011
    Eeeek sending vibes your way! She definitely should have tried it on sooner! But in the end, she's the one wearing it... if it's not very figure flattering since it's baggy that's her issue... you'll still look beautiful! I know it will reflect in the pictures but don't stress too much, too big is better than too small!
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. You would of thought she would of tried it on. Geez . Hope it all works out.
    Anniversary
  • andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK,, don't worry, it WILL be just fine! Kiss
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, has she tried it on since you had the conversation, or is she just not worried about it?
  • edited December 2011
    well I would get her to try it on right away to make sure it doesn't need alterations. and if it does contact the co-worker or get it in to an to a good tailor.  A good one can do emergency alterations in 24-48 hours.  
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about it... just make sure she tries it on now so if she needs last min. altering it has time. Let her deal with making sure that gets done, you don't need the stress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Vibes*
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will be fine. For last minute alterations, have double stick hem tape while getting ready in case her dress is too long. Length will be noticeable and that is a quick easy fix to it.
  • edited December 2011
    Sending good vibes! I hope everything works out. I have over 7 months and I think I am going to break out in hives over stress. I can't image what it will be like 8 days out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards