Florida-Central Florida

Check: Flowers

I'm so excited I booked Peddles for my flowers. I was planning on having to do all or some of the flowers myself because of our meager budget (plus, flowers aren't super important to me). But, Vicki quoted me what I was planning on spending on wholesale flowers and putting them together myself to do the whole wedding party's flowers. I booked even though its early because she's about the only one who can work with my budget. Any of you ladies have pictures of her work? Did she ask for a deposit or contract? Thanks, ladies!

Re: Check: Flowers

• AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great! I tried to do my flowers myself, and it so wasn't worth it in the end, so I'm glad you didn't have to do it all yourself.  I ordered wholesale gladiolas for the centerpieces, and hydrangeas from soemwhere else for the bouquets. The wholesale flower peole had AWFUL custoemr service. She ended up basically holding my flowers hostage in Denmark unless I bought 90 extra stems a week before the wedding.
    And when my sister went to pick up the hydreangeas the day before the wedding, they were green instead of the white that I ordered and the heads of flowers were tiny. Like itty bitty. Not even the size of my fist, The flowers they showed me before on several occasions were large and pretty, but there wasn't anything they could do at that point.

So all that to say, that it is SO worth it to hire someone else to deal with all that. I'm glad you were able to get it within your budget too!
  • edited December 2011
    If you look at the CFL Knottie Bio in Blonde407's sig, Gorjush used Vicki at Peddles for her florals and I believe she's got pictures in her bio. Hope it's linked in there. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I am using her- you can see pics after July 10th! She had me put down a deposit (I think it was like $100) and sign a contract but we meet closer to the date to finalize what exactly we want. The contract is just so that in words it says you are using her and paying her and she is providing the service etc.
    FI's mom insisted on paying for everything that the groom is "supposed to pay for" like the brides bouquet and the bouts etc so she even did separate invoices for us.
    Her prices are fabulous! I considered doing flowers myself and changed my mind when I met her.
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its so early, she didn't have me sign a contract or put a deposit down, but I will actually go in for a consultation in a few months once we pick bridesmaid dresses. I'm guessing I'll sign a contract then. I just wanted to make sure she had room for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards