Florida-Central Florida
Options

Knotties married or marrying in Central Florida, ideas?

Hello! I'm recently engaged and new to TheKnot, looking for ideas for a wedding in the Central Florida area. We are looking to tie the knot in March 2012, and I'm very interested in an outdoors-y, perhaps garden or beach style wedding. I was just wondering if there were some Knotties out there who've been married in the area or planning on doing so, and have some ideas? Thanks!

Re: Knotties married or marrying in Central Florida, ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Royal Crest Room in St. Cloud which has an outdoor ceremony area in a beautiful rose garden. There are so many options in Central FL for outdoor or beach weddings (e.g. Cypress Grove, Paradise Cove, Lake Mary Events Center, Harry P. Leu Gardens). It depends on how many guests you are expecting and the kind of wedding you want to have. If you provide more info, I'm sure the ladies on here will be glad to give you some advice.
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of options around here to choose from. To give you some better ideas, how many people are you estimating on having? What sort of budget are you going to have?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leu gardens is closing next month I believe and wont be hosting anymore weddings after that. We are thinking about Paradise Cove. It's on Lake Bryan. We also want an outdoor ceremony and are thinking about doing the reception outside as well at Paradise Cove. Also Hunters Creek Golf course has a very good price... We are still looking but I thought that The Royal Crest Room was beautiful but just a little out of our price range.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally liked garden settings myself, I am getting married in 3 weeks at Chapel & Tavern in the Garden.  Its in Port Orange near Daytona and it has a view of the intercoastal as well. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    xxcaseyxx6914xxcaseyxx6914 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you in? I have a few ideas that could help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at the Radisson in Melbourne, on their deck that overlooks the beach. the reception will be at the Chart House restaurant where we'll have a view of the Indian River.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Casa Feliz - lovely outdoor garden, awesome old house with lots of character for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in a beautiful church, but my reception is at Dubsdread Historic Ballroom.  Dubsdread has a lovely courtyard overlooking a golf course for small outdoor weddings, and I love the elegant rustic feel of the Ballroom.  They're wonderful to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    demerscdemersc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was at The Royal Crest Room last month. The site was gorgeous for a March wedding, the food was delicious, and Jamie was super to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards