Florida-Central Florida

HELP!

Hi Ladies!

I recently got engaged last month, and plan to get married sometime next july. I don't have the biggest  budget (10,000) and wanted to know if you all knew of any good venues that go for about 5K for about 150-200 ppl. Also, any of these venues let you have outside catering? I figured I would start here and see if any of you would be able to help! Thanks so much!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP!

• chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are spending 5k on a venue I hope you want that to include food. You need to pin point what town or area you want the event to take place

• ralbroralbro member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Decide on a general location of where you want the wedding. Do you want an indoor wedding? July is a pretty hot month here, so it just depends. One of my best friends got married at the Lake Mary event center last month which you can do an indoor or outdoor ceremony. We are getting married at Paradise Cove in March but it's an outdoor venue. It was 2500 for a Sunday and they have a very large list of preferred caterers. You can bring in your own but there's a 250 charge. We also looked at Dubsdread and they provide the food as well if I remember correctly, but the total cost escapes me right now. I want to say their bar packages were pricey, but the venue is pretty. Hope this helps a little! 
  • sporkulasporkula member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Winter Park Farmer's Market - the cost of the venue is $1100 (that inclues tables and chairs, they are ugly though) and I'm using Magic Occasions Catering. For $28pp you get 3 hors d'oeuvres, 2 entress, 3 sides, and a wedding cake (they even have cheaper options than that). WPFM is very budget-friendly because you can do both ceremony and reception there and use whatever vendors you want, but I'm not sure if you can fit more than 150 people in it. It would be tight at that.

Honestly, the absolute best way to work with a low budget is to cut the guest list. You make the choice of either skimping on the quality of your venue/food/alcohol/entertainment/decor or cutting the number of people. The next place to cut would be catering, so any place you can bring in your own caterer will make things easier on you.

Also, look into Dubsdread, I remember their pricing was very attractive, but I'm not sure if they can comfortably accomodate that many people (I think they get split into two connected rooms).

I would also suggest Maitland Art Center (cheap, fits lots of people, beautiful) but it's outdoors and July would be way to hot for that. But if you're not set on the date yet, that would be a great option for the fall.

And the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne I remember being reasonable.
  • mybbmybb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, ladies thanks so much!!!! i will make sure to look into these ASAP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards