Florida-Central Florida

Wedding At Saint James Cathedral- or Any Catholic Church in Orlando, Florida

Hello Ladies!!!

Have any of you gotten married in a catholic Church in the Orlando Diocies, or St. James Cathedral in particular? I am trying to find out how much you gave as a donation.. Their website says it is based on stewardship. I know it doesnt make a difference how much it is, because that is where we are getting married, but I am curions to see what other peole donated.

Thank you and Happy Planning!!!!

Sam
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding At Saint James Cathedral- or Any Catholic Church in Orlando, Florida

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at St. Margaret Mary, and we're giving $500. Hope that helps.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it does make a difference how much it is.  Every catholic church that I visited to try to get married at had a minimum required donation.  They expect you to bring it to the church in envelopes the day before the wedding.  You should really ask the wedding coordinator if they have a packet explaining the rules and what you need to donate so you have all your ducks in a row.

We got married at Annunciation Catholic church.  
    I had a mandatory donation of 750$ which was spread out between the sacristan, priest, altar servers, organist, cantor and church.  The church received 200 of that.  That was the parishioner fee. It would've been much more for a non parishioner.  

Just so you are aware, there are a few rules that most Catholic churches around here have in common and it's a really good idea to ask ahead of time about these things so you don't go buying stuff you can't wear or use.

- No strapless or  revealing or spaghetti strap dresses
    - no aisle runner, no pew decorations, flower girl can't throw anything.

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I forgot to add that at almost every parish, they gave us a really hard time about not being parishioners.  They all said we had to be parishioners for at least six months donating on the envelope system in order to get a wedding date. If we weren't parishioners, they wouldn't give us a date until six months before the wedding.  So, call them and ask about that too.  You might want to conveniently become a parishioner.  
  • edited December 2011
    It also takes a very, very long time to get the Catholic Church to approve the date.  You have to take the FOCCUS inventory and meet with your priest twice before the date can be set.  This is around a 2-3 month process....

• edited December 2011

We looked at a few. We're getting married at St. Charles Borromeo where the required donation is $750 for parishioners and $1200 for non-parishioners.  They do not specify how it is divided up. 

• edited December 2011
    Funny for myself I am getting married at Annunciation and all they required was that the priest confirm we have started Pre-cana with him. We've only had one meeting and we are taking our focus test in a few days since we couldn't go to the first scheduled one after we started Pre-cana. 

Yes make sure you get the "rule book" from the catholic church you are getting married in. 

Annunciation also does allow straps as little as 1/2 inch.  So slightly bigger than speghetti straps.  This came from the marraige prep coordinator at Annunciation. 
  • sammyslicksammyslick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!!! I ahve been a parishoner of St. James for years, as has my Father. I was not aware the"donation" was so much! Thank you again for the information!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards