Florida-Central Florida
Options

River City Catering??

Anyone have anything to say, good or bad? Their prices can't be beat and the owner, Angela is really nice and gave us great personal service at our tasting. The food was good (not great), but we did pick kind of boring stuff. I can't find barely any reviews for them, but they do events all the time. Anyone use them? Anyone do a tasting and not choose them? If so, why?

Re: River City Catering??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a very similar feeling to you. Thought Angela was great, but the food wasn't so good. I really wanted to serve a GREAT meal, because that's pretty much what the reception is.. a fancy dinner. lol For $1,000 more then her quote, we are using Levan's and in my opinion they can't be beat. AMAZING food, #1 of all our tastings, and still more of a "budget bride" option. The initial quote we got was too high for our budget, but after a budget meeting with Duane he was able to get us what we wanted, plus some, for what we could afford.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I did my Levan's tasting yesterday and I just felt like he didn't listen to me and it was kind of impersonal. FI and I spent some time looking over menus and picking stuff we'd like to try at our tasting. As per Levan's request, we chose 5 apps, 4 entrees, 2 starches and 2 veggies. Over all, we tried about 25-30 things, but we only got to taste 5 of the things we actually chose. He also kind of made me feel bad for not booking the whole LMEC. Some of the food was good (a little better than River City) but nothing blew me away, especially the apps. FI had car trouble at the last minute and couldn't make it to the tasting and they did box up all the extra samples for me to take to him, which I totally appreciated. I'm still waiting for a budget proposal from Levan's that I know will probably be atleast $7 more pp than River City. Our entire wedding budget is only $8000, so that $700 more is a big percentage. I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance before we book River City.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards