Florida-Central Florida

Back & Married! Vendor Reviews & For Sale!

I'm back and I'm married!  Woo hoo! 

Our wedding was gorgeous, and despite all the stressing and planning and worrying, it went off with only a few hitches! 

I couldn't have done it without the fabulous help of everybody on The Knot, so I wanted to make sure I perpetuated the love and added my vendor reviews!  I started a website on Weebly (http://kentamandabond.weebly.com) where you can see vendor reviews and for sale postings - and I promise I'll put up pictures as soon as I start getting some back! 

Here are the vendors I reviewed (for easy scanning and searching purposes):
  • Shades of Green (venue)
  • Vicki at Peddles (florist)
  • Modern Bridal (bride/bridesmaid/MOB attire)
  • Chuck with Classic DJs (DJ)
  • Reverend Tom Ciola (officiant)
  • Janet with Onsite Beauty (hair & makeup)
  • Coad Wedding Photograpy (wedding photos - pending getting photos)
  • It's Tasty Too (cake)
  • BB&J Linens (linens)
  • Angela Collins (day of coordiantion)
  • Millennia/Magic Nails and Day Spa (manis and pedis)
  • Men's Warehouse (tuxes)
  • Jared's (rings)
  • Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia (honeymoon)
As soon as I figure out how to add my site to my signature, I'll do that too. 

All of my for sale stuff is also listed on the site.  I need to put up better pictures, but I'm waiting until I unearth that stuff sometime tomorrow.  :-)

Thanks again ladies, for all of the help! 

Re: Back & Married! Vendor Reviews & For Sale!

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!  The day was a blur, for sure!

Now to use that handy-dandy Name Change kit that I believe you sent me... assuming they ever send back our marriage certificate! 
  • edited December 2011
    I updated my For Sale site if anybody's looking - lots more pictures, more for sale, and more coming soon. :-)

Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_back-married-vendor-reviews-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:ed0a41ed-b1a4-4d4b-9710-63b7fc98a7ddPost:7c8a340c-7319-4426-90a7-6125aa97b75a">Re: Back & Married! Vendor Reviews & For Sale!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!!  The day was a blur, for sure! Now to use that handy-dandy Name Change kit that I believe you sent me... assuming they ever send back our marriage certificate! 
    Posted by ajoyfulnole[/QUOTE]

Yes... the oh so fun name change. I still have a couple credit cards to change. My advice is to  look online for a local tag place that also does driver's licenses. I went to the one in Lake Mary and got it in no time at all. Now, the SSA is a whole other story- having everyone from Seminole, Orange, and Osceola county go to the same place was the dumbest idea ever! Hopefully whoever came up with that idea got fired!
  • edited December 2011
    Ha!  There's a small office over in Conway that I'm going to try to go to - though every time I drive past it at 7am there's a HUGE line.  Fingers crossed!

It's funny - we stalked the mailbox for RSVPs a few weeks ago, and now we're stalking the poor mailman again for the marriage license! 

I'm a little worried that that kit says I need to wait for my new SSN card in the mail before going to the DMV and starting everything else - I'm forseeing having to carry around both my new social security card and a copy of my marriage certificate for ages. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_back-married-vendor-reviews-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:ed0a41ed-b1a4-4d4b-9710-63b7fc98a7ddPost:16af1467-2986-441f-8586-d74ced50876e">Re: Back & Married! Vendor Reviews & For Sale!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm a little worried that that kit says I need to wait for my new SSN card in the mail before going to the DMV and starting everything else - I'm forseeing having to carry around both my new social security card and a copy of my marriage certificate for ages. 
    Posted by ajoyfulnole[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can go to the SSA first and they give you a little paper saying that you went there. Then, after 48hours you can go to the DMV, you don't actually have to have your new SS card before going to the DMV. As long as you wait 48 hours after going, it will be in the system and they can accept it with you marriage license, 2 pieces of mail, your old SS card, & passport (or other gov't ID). It's crazy what all they make you bring now, but don't worry about waiting until you receive your card!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!

Thanks!  That's good to know.  Now to figure out where my old Social Security Card is.
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I habe
    80 said yes image
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been waiting for your reviews. Thanks so much for the info on SOG-now I'm even more excited. I've also gotten a quote from Peddle too.
    80 said yes image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards