Florida-Central Florida

2 Dresses & lightinthebox.com?

Hey ladies just wondering if any of you happened to be planning on wearing (or already wore) a seperate ceremony & reception dress. I'm toying with the idea since I got my dress for such a good price & it is a BEAST of a ball gown. It's going to be near impossible to get myself into a bathroom door, let alone a stall (TMI, sorry! lol). I really love my dress though so I'm just not sure what to do. I am so picky & the most important thing to me is being comfortable which is why I kind of want to change into a more comfortable, practical dress for the reception. Also does anyone have any experience with lightinthebox.com? They have some beautiful dresses I would be interested in using as reception dresses if I decide to go that route. Thanks!

Re: 2 Dresses & lightinthebox.com?

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, I bought my wedding gown from that site!!! I got kind of brave and just went for it (since I had plenty of time in case it wasn't good quality or whatever, to buy another). I got a copy of the Maggie Sottero Destiny dress for a RIDICULOUS price. =) I had previously tried on the designer version of the dress in Orlando so that when mine came in, I could see how similar it was to the original (its like 96% the same!!). I definitely recommend the site..it was easy to use and I've heard good things about sellers on there...they're really good with giving you all the details you need. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had two different dresses for the ceremony and reception. I love my ceremony dress, and I really wanted to wear it the whole time, but it would have been impossible to do our first dance in it.  I'm glad I changed though because I was so much more comfortable and everyone loved both dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.

Stardust - I've heard mixed reviews but I'm going for a simpler reception dress so I'm hoping that the quality will be okay since it won't be as intricate as many of the other dresses people have had issues with. Glad to hear such a great review!

Cheri - I'm wrestling with the "I love my dress" issue too... such a hard decision! I want to be comfortable though.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally in the same box. I LOVE my dress and it is incredibly large and very poofy and princessy.  As far as the bathroom is concerned, I have planned to ask my Maid of Honor to come with me.  The handicapped stall is really big so we will go in there and then I'm just going to take the whole entire dress off, she'll go out and hold it up for me while I pee and then we'll put it back on.  I don't have to go that often so Im hoping it won't be too many times I'll have to ask her to do this.  

As far as lightinthebox, I as well ordered a short but poofy reception dress from them.  My seamstress scared me into believing I would never be able to dance in my poofy dress and I got really upset and bought the second dress out of worry.  Honestly, I probably won't change into it because I love my wedding dress. But, it is there just in case.  I really wanted something equally poofy and princessy but easy to dance in so I bought this:  http://www.lightinthebox.com/Audrey-Hepburn-Funny-Face-Ball-Gown-Bateau-Tea-length-Satin-Tulle-Celebrity-Wedding-Dress--WSM0363-_p61496.html

I was worried because they don't show an actual picture of the dress.  However, it came in much earlier than they said it would come and it is very well made.  The material is a very thick Ivory satin. The bottom has tulle over it and is very full and poofy.  The inside part has ribbing that makes it fill out your chest and holds the shape of the dress very well.  The quality of the work is high end.  The fit is as it said it would be.  The only thing about it is that it is a little too long for me and the waist is too big by about an inch.  However, it fits me in my chest perfectly so that was the size I had to order.  I'm not going to get it altered because I don't even know if I'll wear it and I'm tired of spending money. However, I will have to get it steamed.  When they deliver it, they mark that it is a gift that cost no money for customs because it is made in china and then the reciept is inside.  It comes very tightly compacted and inside out in a plastic bag which is placed in a box.  It is wrinkly from shipping so you will need to steam it.  
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was listening to the radio the other morning and they were talking about big wedding dresses, apparently if you have a large dress (I'm assuming train) you're supposed to straddle the toilet seat so that you are facing the back of it. Apparently it works and avoids having to take the dress off....  I don't have a large dress, so I won't be straddling, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Theresa - I love the second dress! I could never pull off that style myself but it is great!! Do you happen to have a picture of it you wouldn't mind sending? I'm curious to compare the picture to the actual dress to see the quality. (Freefalling@bellsouth.net if you do) Glad to hear it turned out well for you!!

Britt- That's a great idea!! lol Still would be difficult since I'll be in a freaking hoop skirt! lol but definitely better than the alternative... whatever that might be. I pee a lot... so this is a nightmare to think about. lol

I think my plan will be to keep my eyes open to an inexpensive reception dress. If I find one that I LOVE I will probably buy it, but I don't think I'm going to be obsessive about finding one.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Harmony, I don't have any pictures right now but if I get some later, I'll send them along.  My wedding is three weeks away though so I don't know if I'll have time to do that soon.  
  • edited December 2011
    No problem, thanks though! :)
  • edited December 2011
    that bathroom logistics is a great idea!!!! It will be so useful to me.
    How big is the doorway and set up in the handicap bathroom at your facility? The handicap bathroom may be manageable if you can't find a reception dress you love.
  • edited December 2011
    Lol. The bathroom thing is one of my fears! I was reading on some other post about "did you get drunk at your wedding?" and someone said that their DOC made them pee before the reception (backward). I do think that is something to be considered though. I know if I drink I have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes. I will miss the whole reception! As far as getting another dress; I don't think I will only because I love mine so much I want to wear it all night and its not poofy. It is a mermaid though so I probably will have to take it off because of the skirt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at bridesmaids dresses the other day and came across this site that sells legit dresses at pretty low prices. Don't be scared that its called "Plus Size Bridal", they have all sizes. Also, you can always look at bridesmaids dresses and get them in cream or ivory. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards