Muslim Weddings
Options

Anyone getting married in Amman??

I'm getting married in Amman next year, but really don't know anything about it. I know its a long shot, but figured maybe someone knows how I can arrange flowers, dj, and all that from all the way here in the States?

Re: Anyone getting married in Amman??

• Options
    silverphoenixsilverphoenix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is from Zarqa we're getting having a wedding ceremoney next summer, umm...talk with your FI and his family if you can about it.  Generally speaking weddings there tend to not be as complicated as weddings here because many places offer services and packages, like photography, dj's, and food.  However, you can bring in an outside photographer and whatever really.  You rent a lot of stuff.  I know for our engagement party we rented almost everything except the food...lol.  Also talk traditions and such, are you going to have a more western or traditional arab wedding?  I'm assuming you have family over there, so talk with them, see who they know and suggest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its tough to plan long distance. My photog is from there and I know she has flown over for several weddings. Maybe you can leave everything to your in-laws (just with your input for color scheme etc.) but bring a photog and/or videographer with you. Thats what you have when all is done, afterall. 

I had a friend who got married in Lebanon and she said she couldent believe how opulent the flowers, the cake, the food etc. but that the photogs they have there are really cheesy and old school...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice. We ended up postponing our wedding, so I'll be getting married next summer too. The venue is in a hall at a club, so not a hotel where its easier cause everything comes in a package. So I need to try to find a good (affordable) wedding planner, or a good florist. If you find any contacts that would be great! :)
  • Options
    annelihodannelihod member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married to a Jordanian man but I don't know the details about when and where within Amman that we will marry. May I just ask, are you American or Jordanian? I'm American and don't have anyone around me who is marrying a foreigner. I'm having difficulty planning our reception for here because I want to include his culture without it looking tacky like an exhibit at Epcot. I want the food the music the decorations and the modesty. I love all of that, I just don't know how to strike a balance so his family doesn't think im playing dress up with their culture.
    Help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually Palestinian, so it isnt an inter-cultural wedding! But I think the best way to avoid that is to get his family involved. Does he have any sisters you can talk to? Or even his mom? If not, then do you have any other Arab friends you could discuss the details with? (I'd say ask your finace, but if he's anything like mine, he won't have a clue ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards