Asian Weddings

Any asians from Kansas City area who gotten married or getting married??

I don't live in KC anymore, but it's my hometown. 
How on earth does one have a Traditional Wedding there?
a) First, any good places for Chinese Banquet?  (Besides Bo-Lings?)
I am open to suggestion to Asian Catering, if someone knows of a good one
b)  Any place to buy./rent asian stuff for Tea Ceremony in Kansas City:?
c) any asian bride who got married or will be getting married in KC who could share their experience?
Thankyou SO much !

Re: Any asians from Kansas City area who gotten married or getting married??

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not in Kansas, but I just wanted to tell you that it's possible.  I'm a Vietnamese bride and had a Tea Ceremony and will have a traditional Vietnamese wedding also in the midwest; Cincinnati exactly.  So I have a feeling of what you're going through.

It was hard.  I had to go to temples, churches, and ask friends who were visiting Vietnam to bring back a few items that I could not borrow or rent here.  I would even post WANTED ads on the classifieds at Project Wedding, where there are more Asian girls.  You may be luckier than I am because you do live on the west coast where you could get items there.  As for Chinese banquet hall, I only had a choice of about 3, and we opted to just go to a reception hall and cater in the Asian cuisine instead because I didn't like the decor of the other 3.

If you have time on your side, then that's great.  If not, then you have to be aggressively searching all your options as soon as possible.

HTH!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards