Asian Weddings

Introductions

Everyone, please introduce yourself to the others who stop by, etc. :) and welcome!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introductions

• edited December 2011
    My name's Leah. Our wedding date is 10-10-10.Our wedding will be at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Specifically at Deer Park.I currently live in Orlando, FL but grew up in PA.I work full-time as an Admin at Bentley, Lamborghini, & Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Orlando (hence my name. haha). and also study full-time for my PhD in Media Psychology.I was born in Korea but was adopted when I was 3 months old so I grew up here with a wonderful American family. I couldn't be more grateful.FI is actually Cuban so we're hoping to honor his heritage at our wedding too. But our wedding itself will be fairly traditional for an American wedding.I'm no expert on Korean tradition but I do know a few things and hope to learn lots from the other ladies as they start to stop by.Growing up, our church had a Korean congregation as well that was very involved with the "english-speaking" congregation so I definitely loved that influence and I was fortunate to spend a month studying in Korea during my undergrad.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! My name is Marion (middle name is Ellnor) and I am getting married on 4/10/10 at The Citadel in Charleston, SC (where my FI went to school). I live in Greenville, SC and grew up in Shelby, NC (BentleyBaby, Greenville is close to Asheville!).  I work in sales and really enjoy it. My FI's dad (American) was in the military and was stationed in Korea where he met his mom.  They actually had a traditional American wedding in Korea. FI was born there on a military base but they moved back to the states when he was only a few months old and bounced around for several years before settling in Lexington, SC.  All of her family is still in Korea and his parents spend a month there every other year.We are having a traditional American wedding, but I am hoping to incorporate some Korean elements at the reception.  I look forward to sharing ideas with you ladies!  
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm Felicia and I just got married last month.  I was curious to see what this board was all about. My parents met in Korea (my dad is military)  and they moved to back to Minnesota.  My mom is first generation in the USA and she is the only one from her family that lives here.  We did not end up doing anything Korean related at the wedding.  Even though I'm 1/2 Korean, I have a hard time relating with that side of my culture.  I'm always interested to learn more and am trying to gain a better understanding of my heritage (besides the food b/c I have that down).  I spent 2 weeks in Korea in 2007 and was able to get a chance to know my family better.  I'm also trying to learn Korean- my mom didn't think it was important to teach us how to speak Korean.  
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, everyone! :) Feel free to start new posts or ask question as much as you want!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I'm a nestie and noticed the new board. I wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm filipino and husband is Vietnamese. I'm going to be a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding who is Korean. Hope to learn more about Korean wedding traditions through this board. Aimee
  • GRACEPARK7GRACEPARK7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone. My name is Grace from Orange county California. I came to US when I was 10 years old. I got engaged this year on Valentines day to My fiance Kent. My fiance is Chinese and I'm Korean. We havent set a date yet. Most likey Spring of 2010 or 2011. Nice to meet all of you. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Lacey. I'm half Korean and very thrilled that there is a section for this now. My father is American and was in the military where he met my mom who is from Korea. I only speak a little Korean but I'm trying to learn more. I've been to Korea twice in my life but it was as a child to visit relatives.My FI is a mix of everything except Asian ha ha! His heritage is strong in Italian and Britain. So we're going to try hard to sort of incorperate European, Asian and American style to the wedding. I'm having a Hanbok made in Korea but it will be traditional versus the new styles. Our wedding date is 7/15/10 and will be held in San Antonio, TX where I live. I look forward to sharing ideas with you all.
  • nessa_hnessa_h member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone!My name is Vanessa, I'm 24 and my wedding will be on Sept 26 2010. I was born in Korea and adopted when I was six months old. I grew up in the Seattle area of WA state. My FI isn't asian, but he's always been interested in asian culture. Growing up I really wasn't interested at all in Korean culture, even though my Mom tried hard to get me into it. Now, after making a few Korean friends over the years and trying some Korean food, I am more interested in learning about my culture. It is very awesome that there's a board here and I'm looking forward to maybe incorporating some ideas into my wedding! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am so happy there is a Korean board! I was married in Dec 2006 (Gasp! I know. What the eff is she doing here?!).Anyway, like Mofe, my dad was in the Army, met my mom, fell in love, moved to Arizona married/had us..history...blah blah blah.I was made fun of for being Korean, so I didn't want anything to do with the culture. I now regret telling my mom not to teach me. I've only been to Korean once (1989) and I plan on going in March to see my grandma before she dies. Fingers crossed I get to see her again. She is 96 years old.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! My name is Maela. I was born in Korea and then adopted at 3 months too! We are planning on getting married on 10/02/10. I have always wanted to learn more about Korean culture and want to incorporate a few things in my wedding. If anyone has any helpful tips for me that would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards