Asian Weddings

Mexican/Chinese Wedding

Hey girls!! =)

I'm Latina and my boyfriend is Chinese.  While we agreed that we're going to have two weddings (one in the US and the other in China) I still wanted to incorporate some of his traditions and themes alongside my American wedding. 

Aside from having Asian appetizers, (possibly) Asian-themed invites, Asian-like colors (red??), and an Asian-themed cake, what else can I do to honor his culture in my Fall/Latin American wedding? 

I'm considering wearing the traditional Asian dress during the reception (does anyone know the name of it??) but that's still up in the air as I'll be wearing it throughout the wedding in China and I'd hate to cut my wedding dress-wearing short that day.

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Mexican/Chinese Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Chinese wedding invitations!  They're economical and beautiful.  I think the dress you want is a qipao, but I'm not positive. 
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's very considerate you want to incorporate his culture.

Having some Asian appetizers and Asian invitations is a very nice touch.  And with a fall theme, red or a sort of maroon theme color would go beautifully.  For an Asian wedding, I would avoid royal purple and black, those were my family's two no-no requests.

An Asian-themed cake is up to you.  Honestly, most Chinese don't pay much atttention to what the cake looks like, they just care that the taste is not too sweet.  Most Asians tend to be a big fan of the light taste of swiss meringue or whipped cream icing rather than traditional buttercream.

I also think it would be great if you wore the qipao.  It's generally not expensive, you could probably get one for about $100.  You could wear the qipao when you're visiting tables, if you decide to do that.  Visiting tables is a very big Vietnamese tradition and I imagine it may also be the case in Chinese traditions.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your advice.  I will definitely use them in my wedding.  happiness and blessings to you both!

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards