Asian Weddings

Colombian marrying a Laotion

Hi, I'm having a destination Catholic wedding. I would love to incorporate something of the Laotion tradition. My FI's family is americanized so I don't have much information on their traditions. Does anyone know of anything that I could incorporate?

Re: Colombian marrying a Laotion

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the boards - I'm not Laotion by any means, but I can do research for you :)

Hope that helps!!!  I was looking at Lao weddings, and photographers that captured the moments you are describing :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • elsacardonaelsacardona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is so helpful! Thank you so much for helping me with this.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I am Lao. I have been giving everyone the PBS link above. It's helpful because it has a video and an explanation!
    another option is when you come back you could have the traditional Lao ceremony. It would make the in laws happy! Plus it shouldn't cost too much because you can do it in someone's house etc.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_asian-weddings_colombian-marrying-laotion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:663Discussion:b234ba92-2504-4b9c-8e73-d5535ff28253Post:9638f901-31bc-48b2-bd64-06ee4c21c7a1">Re: Colombian marrying a Laotion</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am Lao. I have been giving everyone the PBS link above. It's helpful because it has a video and an explanation! another option is when you come back you could have the traditional Lao ceremony. It would make the in laws happy! Plus it shouldn't cost too much because you can do it in someone's house etc.
    Posted by apathamm[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I wish there was more information like the PBS site that has information, it is too culturally astounding not to be a mere mention :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards