Honeymoon Discussions

How did you book your resort?

I'm wondering what the best way to book a resort is...

Would you recommend booking through the resort directly or through a third party like All inclusive outlet?

Re: How did you book your resort?

• We booked through FIL's travel agent.
  • We used a local travel agent that was recommended and was excellent!
  • Travel agent. We saved a good bit by doing so.
  • I think we booked through the resort directly -- or the travel site where we found the deal, but that likely also eventually just led directly to the resort.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We booked through cheapcaribbean.com
  • We used Travelocity.  We first made sure that we couldn't beat the deal either booking directly with the hotel or with a TA but we couldn't.
  • We used a travel agent FI's family uses... got a great deal that way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Expedia and Royal Carribean for the different parts of our trip.
  • There are some girls on here that used AllInclusiveOutlet.com to book. I used it for all of my research and picked a resort and then I went to a local TA that was able to beat their price and add a few extras in. It is a reputable site and has very good reviews. Same as Cheap Caribean. See where you get the best deal and book through those sites or through a local TA.

• We booked through BeachBumVacations.com. Our TA is Hailey and she ROCKS!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We book with a travel agent.  She is easy to work with and very knowledgeable- plus has saved us money and gotten us extra "TLC" at the resorts. 
    I'm sure you could do all the research on your own, but we find it easier to work with her.  It wouldn't hurt to talk to an agent to see what they can do for you. 
    If you want a recommendation, we LOVE ours.  She is young, so she is really easy to relate to and very responsive.  (She's in DC, I'm in NYC, so we do everything on email).  PM me and I can send you her info.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-did-you-book-your-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:bcdcd139-e997-4a9b-bf71-d4f852f619f7Post:a11fcaec-7b2a-4e62-8ce3-b0e48d6f79c7">Re: How did you book your resort?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked through BeachBumVacations.com. Our TA is Hailey and she ROCKS!!!!
    Posted by bethie0022[/QUOTE]

<div>We used Beachbumvacations.com and used Kathy. She found us a great deal. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Local travel agent.  Most won't charge you a fee so it's worth it as they can usually save you money and help you decide where to go, best deals, etc.
  • We used AAA's travel agents since I'm a member there. Because we booked with them i was able to get money off of the package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards