Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica vs Belize

I am torn between Belize and Jamaica. I have heard good reports from sandals Grande Ocho Rios in Jamaica, and Belize I would like AI but would also like to venture out. I am not sure where a good place to stay in Belize is. Please help where should I go.

Re: Jamaica vs Belize

• Jamaica! Although I'm prefer something in Mo Bay if you like the bustling city or Negril if you like more of a private setting that is still close enough to go to Ocho Rios for the falls which is a must!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're staying at Couples San Souci in Oho Rios which is an AI and includes an excursion to Dunns River Falls among other excursions. I know they have additional options for things like zip lining too. The reviews look great so were really excited. It was much cheaper than Sandals and they were the only AI resorts to be ranked top 10 for Travel and Leisure . (just read that on the Couples message board which has come in handy. It's on their website)
  • Out of curiousity - Why an AI?

I have been to both Belize and Jamaica and I would say hands down Jamaica every time.

But AI's really want to keep you onsite so you don't spend a lot of money off property.

I have been to Jamaica about 6 times and we always head to Negril.

Check out the gorgeous cottages at Xtabi for a budget or if you have more money, look at Rockhouse which is incredible. 

The food in Jamaica is amazing and inexpensive. Venture out, meet the locals who are wonderful and taste the real food!!!  You can still do excursions from all of these resorts and they all have private drivers.  Both of them have incredible top restaurants as well.  I know Xtabi provides an incredible breakfast daily in their rate.   Just my $.02 - it's a lot of fun going there and experiencing the real island life.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Zip lining was on the list to do and I love the cheaper route.

Lechillura - I was thinking AI just for conveniences and I had heard it wasn't safe to leave. I would like to experience the island and not just the resort thou. Thank you so mush for the tip. I would like to keep budget of 4500 or less.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards