• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget and DIY Weddings

Low cost wedding centerpieces?

So I found some bouquets I love...they will run about 500 dollars for the entire bridal party/parents flowers. So if I go with these I really need to try to budget a lower cost on centerpieces. Anyone have any ideas for low cost ones? We don't really have a theme...our colors are light pink and black, bouquets will also have feathers and pearls and we are all wearing pink pearls, and we all have a pink bow on our dress. If those could be incorporated it would be awesome.

Re: Low cost wedding centerpieces?

• What about just a low glass bowl with floating white and pink candles? 
  • Candles are always a good choice.  Or you could have submerged flowers.  You typically only need one flower or a few flowers for each centerpiece, since the water makes them look bigger, so these can be an economical way of having flower centerpieces.

• my colors are also light pink and black and i am going with black low vase, blush and ivory carnations tightly packed and willow branches. it gives height and they are costing $50/ table (which is pretty low priced for my area - NJ). I am not sure if this is in your price range or not. But google "carnation centerpieces," and you will be surprised at how nice they look! You can buy pearl garland and hang it from the willow branches. That would look really pretty!! Good luck!
    BFP on July 16!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check with your reception location. Most places will have centerpices you can use. Usually nothing fancy, but maybe a hurricane vase or some kind of candle
  • I got black lanterns at ikea (7.99 each) as my budget center pieces. With a candle the total cost was less than 10 per table. I'm doing colored napkins to match decor under them, and the venue is providing additional votives. Simple and cost effective.
  • Hello my name is Jeannie I reside in Tulsa, Oklahoma (however i can ship centerpieces), I do floral arrangements and have been for many years! Check out my facebook (Jeannie's Florals/facebook) to view all my floral creations. For medium size centerpieces I charge $15.00 to $20.00 each. I specialize in silk florals.

~Praying for baby #1~
  • I would recommend candles as well.  There are a ton of sites where you can order candles of any size in bulk.
  • A trio of tapers in simple glass holders (think small column vase) tied with a pink and black bow. 
  •         supper inexpensive you can get most of the things from the dollar store and maybe wrap a black bow at the bottom of each to balance your pink bows it will be a nice contrast i think good luck!!!
  • This is what I did.

Marbles-The clear ones were free b/c BM already had them from her wedding. The colored ones were $1 per bag at Dollar Tree.

Leaves-50 cents per bag at a local craft store

Pinecones/pumpkins/gourd mix-$5 per box @ Michaels. Each box filled 2 tables.

Candleholders-$5 for a set of 3 at Family Dollar.

Tealights-$5 for 144 @ Target.

Check out dollar stores! You NEVER know what you'll find!

• In Response to Low cost wedding centerpieces?:
    So I found some bouquets I love...they will run about 500 dollars for the entire bridal party/parents flowers. So if I go with these I really need to try to budget a lower cost on centerpieces. Anyone have any ideas for low cost ones? We don't really have a theme...our colors are light pink and black, bouquets will also have feathers and pearls and we are all wearing pink pearls, and we all have a pink bow on our dress. If those could be incorporated it would be awesome.
    Posted by AshleyDizawn
    Honestly, my opinion on centerpieces is that while some of them are very pretty, no one cares ultimately and it's a waste of money, especially in a budget wedding.

A few candles and some bottles of wine will be much more appealing to your guests than a bunch of decorative stuff in the middle of the table.
  • I'm gathering a bunch of random stuff at my house, mom's house, yard sales, goodwill and supplementing with candles and rocks and other things from the dollar store, christmas tree shops, and ACMoore or Michaals.  Each table centerpiece is only running about $15 per table on average and my venue is providing the 1 foot round mirrors and as many votive candles as I want. 

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • edited April 2011
    Check out our centerpieces in my planning bio. In total each table will run us about $7. We are using 3 tiered votive candle holders and some other decor items on each table. Pictures in bio.
  • In Response to Re: Low cost wedding centerpieces?:
    I'm gathering a bunch of random stuff at my house, mom's house, yard sales, goodwill and supplementing with candles and rocks and other things from the dollar store, christmas tree shops, and ACMoore or Michaals.  Each table centerpiece is only running about $15 per table on average and my venue is providing the 1 foot round mirrors and as many votive candles as I want. 
    Posted by smilormarie
    I love the candle light. Very nice!
  • We're buying flowers ourselves and arranging them in Mason Jars.  Then also doing our own bouquets from similar flowers.  I just cannot spend the $$ that a florist wants.  I do like the floating candle idea in the test tube looking vase - those can be very inexpensive.  You could also buy a real or fake orchid to go in the vase, in water they keep pretty well.