• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO

Budget and DIY Weddings

Inexpensive draping fabric?

Hi girls, Im getting married under a gazebo outdoors, I wanted to drape it with flowing fabric, where can I buy cheap fabric to decorate it with? Thanks :)

Re: Inexpensive draping fabric?

• try acmoore and michaels. 
  • www.save-on-crafts.com is one of my all time faves!

We found a local fabric shop that was selling fabric @ $1 a yd. So look for a local mom and pop type shop! Also, keep in mind that hobby lobby and michaels run a 40% off cupon almost all the time!

www.lovebuzzedme.blogspot.com
    Follow me @ www.LoveBuzzedMe.blogspot.com and www.Twitter.com/LoveBuzzedMe Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • joann fabrics or hancock?

• joann's fabric or even some walmarts have a variety of fabric.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • amy7177amy7177
    10 Comments
    i am doing the same thing. i have looked at save on crafts.com or joanne fabrics. also oriental trading...you want to use a fine net tulle. it will look great
    Married on July 29, 2011
  • Hobby Lobby is my favorite because they always have great sales. But JoAnne's might be a good place to look too. they have alot of great clearance stuff
  • In Response to Inexpensive draping fabric?:
    Hi girls, Im getting married under a gazebo outdoors, I wanted to drape it with flowing fabric, where can I buy cheap fabric to decorate it with? Thanks :)
    Posted by Miss GS
    Depending on what you are trying to achieve look-wise, there are a couple of options.  AC Moore and Michael's, at least in my area, do not carry fabrics.  Joann Fabrics has a fairly inexpensive collection of tulles and similar sheers.  Some Walmart stores also carry a selection of sheers for very low prices (often less than $1/yd) but I know a lot of WMs have been phasing out their sewing and craft departments.

For my friend's upcoming wedding, we are using gossamer fabric from Shindigz - an online party retailer.  They sell huge rolls (like 5' wide by 100' or 300' huge) in a ton of colors.