Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hawaiian Lei Greeting?

Anyone pay to have a hawaiian lei greeting at the airport?  I just came across this in my web surfing.  The best price I found is $68.00 for a deluxe honeymoon special.  Out of all the wedding stuff my FI is most excited about going to Hawaii, in fact it was his only MUST.  I thought this would be a neat surprise for him.  Wondering if anyone did this, or maybe this is offered for free by hotels or tours?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Hawaiian Lei Greeting?

• Options
    I think they do them at some resorts for free, but I could be wrong.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've seen the greeters at airports doing that! That's such a pricey fee given that you can buy leis at the grocery store for 8$ each. Many luaus will give you leis too... but if doing it at the airport is what you really want, then you'll probably have to suck up the cost.
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    When I went to Hawaii a few years ago, everyone on our flight got leis when we arrived in the airport. Guess they don't do that anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_hawaiian-lei-greeting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:bf60a284-8cb3-407f-80ac-0da59f647a7aPost:23e723ed-34fa-496d-95f0-5d96562f30ed">Re: Hawaiian Lei Greeting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I went to Hawaii a few years ago, everyone on our flight got leis when we arrived in the airport. Guess they don't do that anymore.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

Yeah, more budget cuts!
  • Options
    DH and I did this but it was a surprise gift from our parents.  It really wasn't anything special IMO but it was nice to have a little greeting as soon as you land.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes, Hawaii used to do that but doesn't anymore.  I don't think it is worth the money. You can buy leis everywhere in Hawaii!  Some hotels/packages offer that with their package. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They have a few different options here: http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/us/hawaii/oahu/sg/2129/ag/8169/

The honeymoon one you are asking about is pricey but they do have some cheaper options
  • Options
    That's just for them to put Lei's on you once you arrive? I'm sorry but if so thats ridiculously over priced. At the airport you can buy leis for about $9-$12. I'm sure someone would happily put them on you.

Several hotels do it for free as well and so do Luau's
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards