• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget and DIY Weddings

cheapest catering price per person?

Just wondering what some of the cheapest per person catering costs are that some of you guys have found. I've only just started looking...some places are like 60 per person!

Re: cheapest catering price per person?

• In Response to cheapest catering price per person?:
    Just wondering what some of the cheapest per person catering costs are that some of you guys have found. I've only just started looking...some places are like 60 per person!
    Posted by bulletproofX3
    I suggest you post this on the PGH board.  However, I just got married in PGH two weeks ago and DH and I ended up paying around $35 per person for catering (we used Yes, We Cater I can't say enough good things about them).  However our caterer included set up/tear down and they just helped with the overal flow of the event.  If you don't want all that prep and just want someone that will do food for cheap, I recall seeing a caterer at the PGH bridal show that was around $15-$20 per person.  However, you would have to rent tables/linens from someone else and would be responsible for setting up and tearing down all your own decorations at that price.  Feel free to message me privately if you have any questions.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I found a caterer on Pittsburgh that is super cheap. Cooked goose catering in Imperial has packages as low as 6pp for simple stuff and goes up to about 16pp. I've heard really good things from friends who have used them. No frills, but you can rent linens from them for extra if you want. Carson's catering in Scott Twp is really reasonable as wellstarts at 16 but is more inclusive. Good luck!
  • Try a restaurant with a private room as opposed to a traditional "wedding" site. We are getting married on the beach in Los Angeles (aka expensive place to get married) and having a dinner party at an ocean-view restaruant right next door to the private beach. Our food is $35 a head for the most expeisive meal choice and goes down from there.
  • thank you all! I was just trying to get a general idea of what to shoot for :)

bethanys86 thank you also! I will definitely be looking into Cooked Goose Catering!!!
  • In Response to Re: cheapest catering price per person?:
    thank you all! I was just trying to get a general idea of what to shoot for :) bethanys86  thank you also! I will definitely be looking into Cooked Goose Catering!!!
    Posted by bulletproofX3
    No problem! Good luck with the rest of your planning!
  • Our costs are gonna be about $30pp. However, for just food it's only $10.95pp! Haven't tried the food yet, but I've heard excellent things about our caterer. So excited for our first tasting!! :)

• Like PP's have said, it totally depends on the location. I live in a small "mom and pop" kind of town where lots of people do catering out of their homes. I found someone for my wedding that provided a full buffet of beef brisket, rice, beans, dinner roll, and chips and salsa for only about $5.50 a person. . .  but of course, if I had gone with a restaurant, the prices would have been like $30 per person or more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards