Honeymoon Discussions
Options

11-11-11

When am I suppose to have my honeymoon? after or before my wedding

Re: 11-11-11

• Options
    I've never heard of a honeymoon before the wedding.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_11-11-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c2ed3c81-df81-40c2-a8ac-701a878796c6Post:bd053dbd-7bc3-443d-ac2b-26c19f95b238">Re: 11-11-11</a>:
    [QUOTE]"The honeymoon was such delight That we got married that same night" (From "Sadie, Sadie Marries Lady")
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

LOL!

OP: it's after the wedding
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It depends on the time you can get off for vacation time from work, where you're going, when the flights are to those places, or if you're driving / taking a train, when you opt to check in.  Your budget determines how "over the top" you can make the honeymoon vacation.  

My FI and I are probably driving for our HM, and we'll probably be driving to a hotel that is on the way to our honeymoon since we can't make it in the amount of time we'd have after the reception.  

OP, there are a couple of helpful books / articles on the internet if you do a search on wedding planning that can help you out as well. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    It's whenever you book it for. There aren't any rules involved really. We were married on a Friday and left for the honeymoon on Sunday.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We left for our honeymoon a week after the wedding because I had to work that week. Some people leave the next day, or 2 days later, a week or a month. It depends on your schedules. One friend of mine took her honeymoon a year later!

Personally I think more than a couple of months after the wedding it becomes more of a vacation than a honeymoon, but that is really just my opinion and other people might feel differently.
  • Options
    I'm getting married on 11/11/2011 too! Me and my boy are planing on going to Vegas for the Honeymoon since it's the off season and yet it's still kinda warm down there.
    Since our wedding is gonna be on a Friday we might waiti til Monday to go to Vegas cuz the flights are cheaper during the week.

Basically you can do whatever you want! (but usually the honeymoon is done after the marriage :-p)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards