• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO

Budget and DIY Weddings

Walmart wedding band

Has anyone ever purchased a wedding ring or engagement ring from Walmart. I found a wedding band I like but I'm nervous purchasing this from Walmart. Do they have good warenties? The 2 reviews it has are good. Let me know what you think.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/1-2-Carat-T.W.-Round-and-Parallel-Baguette-Diamond-Ring-in-10kt.-White-Gold/13985481#Q%26A+Exchange
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walmart wedding band

• There isn't anything wrong with walmart rings. The gold is usually a lower caret and the stone quality and clarity won't be as nice if you had bought it from a jeweler, and have the setting checked every so often, but, otherwise, buy what you can afford and love.

• I'd like to find something similar to this style but better quality gold. I checked Kay's website bc that's where FI got my engagement ring but nothing popped out at me. The main fear I have about the Walmart ring is its 10k and I'm afraid it'll turn my skin green bc I read that once. I'm also afraid it might fall apart. I work with my hands so it will most likely get banged up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i have a 10k ring made of gold never take off and its fine ever so often i take in to get circled cause over time it molds to finger (if makes since) it has never turned finger green.  i think only if gold plated turns fingers green
  • I would use 14k gold rather than 10.  Skip the stones if need be.

A solid gold circle of gold will never go out of style and won't dent or mar
  • Thanks. I would prefer a higher Karat but I want something similar to that style. I kind of want to check out some antique rings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ladycirce you are amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a friend who got her ring from Wal-mart and I think it looks nice. I didn't even know it was from Wal-mart until she mentioned it.
  • The set I had from my first marriage was from walmart. I wore those suckers for 18 years, and never had a problem at all, no dents, no scratches, no green. Once they're on your finger and out of the store who's going to know? I'd be happy to get my band this time around from walmart, but they don't have what I'm looking for to match my engagement ring.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Don't know if they have the style you want, but I like bluenile.com
  • TheVirginiansTheVirginians
    500 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    The one from Walmart is 1/2 karats vs the one from Ice is only 1/5 karats. Also, the one from Ice seems to have several teeny stones making up each single stone on the Walmart ring. Guess you can tell which one I prefer!
  • Wow thanks girls. I have a lot to think about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, try overstock.com.  They have some very nice rings for reasonable prices.

• Thanks for all your help ladys. Today I had a couple hours between clients so I went for a walk. There's a new jewelery store down town that I decided to check out. The guy was nice. I tried on several rings when he pulled a sapphire and diamond band for me to try on because it can be ordered all diamonds. I loved it with the sapphires. It was $1200 which is more then I wanted to spend but something I could save for. As I was leaving a lady whispered for me to check out this antique store that's kind of a whole in the wall. So I went to the antique store and while trying on bands I happened across almost the same exact band from the jewelery store only from the 1950s instead of new. Sapphires and diamonds, 14k. I tryed it on and perfect fit. Asked the price........ $150. I was so excited but wanted to think about it so I called my Mom to have her check it out with me. My Mom showed up and happened to know the owner so she sold it to me for $100. I am so excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! What an exciting turn of events!
  • In Response to Re: Walmart wedding band:
    Wow! What an exciting turn of events!
    Posted by FluffyGumDrop2
    Thanks. I still can't believe I found such a deal. I felt like I was chaneling my Grandmother because she was big into antiques.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Walmart wedding band:
     Gold doesn't turn your fingers green. 10K or 14K...the difference is in the shine and brillance...the more gold, the more shine. If you like the 10K, go for it. You can also look at other alternatives like Cobalt or Titanium. Good luck to you!
  • I'll try to get a photo up later. Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Walmart wedding band:
    Has anyone ever purchased a wedding ring or engagement ring from Walmart. I found a wedding band I like but I'm nervous purchasing this from Walmart. Do they have good warenties? The 2 reviews it has are good. Let me know what you think. http://www.walmart.com/ip/1-2-Carat-T.W.-Round-and-Parallel-Baguette-Diamond-Ring-in-10kt.-White-Gold/13985481#Q%26A+Exchange
    Posted by samantha24p
    The ring is really pretty. If it is really 10k then it should not make your finger green. Although 10K is a lesser quality it is still genuine gold. IT is old gold plated and silver plated that turns your finger green