July 2012 Weddings
Options

AC suggestions?

The average temp the day of my wedding is 97...yikes! Our reception is indoors, but there are only ceiling fans and windows. I'm having stress dreams that everyone is sitting there sweating. 
Any tips? 

Re: AC suggestions?

• Options
    That's tough. I wouldn't have booked a reception site if there wasn't AC, but I'm guessing that's not what you want to hear right now. Maybe you should look into renting AC units? 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Meagan.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a wedding this past weekend when it was 90 degrees and muggy.  The reception was in a tent with zero air flow.  I've never been so uncomfortable in my life and no one was dancing.  I would definitely look into renting some large portable AC units.  
  • Options
    Our church for our ceremony doesn't have AC so I"ve been worrying about this as well. If it were for my reception, though, I would def. look into renting some. I know I personally feel awful when it's really hot out and feel like I'm going to faint. I would be miserable at a wedding reception if it was hot and muggy and I def. wouldn't dance.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    I definitely agree with pps about trying to rent some AC's. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    This might not be the most plausible idea but I'll give it a shot. What about a mister? You know where they spray a very fine mist of water? Maybe you could have one set up outside on a patio or in doorways or something? (venue permitting)

Portable AC units are a very good idea. What about personal fans at each place setting? Go to the dollar store I'm sure you can find some there.

Also another kind of out there idea but venue permitting it may work. Dry ice lasts a long time and is very cold. Could you get some sort of ventilated crate and put a chunk under each table? That way, you don't have the gas build up, there will be cool air being released and if it's in a crate of some sort it can't injure someone accidentally kicking it or a kid playing under the table.

I don't know. Couple of those ideas are a little far out there but could work I suppose
  • Options
    bring in fans. Have fans around the perimeter just in case. 
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards