Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Gate 1 Travel?

Has anyone booked their honeymoon trip through Gate 1 Travel? I've been researching our trip to Italy and they seem to have the best prices and I love how you can build your own trip. I'm wondering if anyone here used them and what the experience is like? Are the hotels nice enough for honeymoon stay? (We are looking into Rome and Amalfi Coast in particular). Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gate 1 Travel?

• Options

I have heard good things about them. We were thinking about Booking through them but we found a better deal at EuropeanDestinations.com and added a couple nights with the price difference.

I know one of my husbands relatives did go through them on a trip though and had a good experience. I don't know any further information though. Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks ! I'll check euro destinations as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Gate 1 to book a trip to Paris in 2005.  As I recall, they had different levels of hotels from basic to fancy.   It was a mother-daughter trip, so we went with the lowest level hotel (we weren't looking for romance, obviously).  My recommendation would be to research each hotel on Tripadvisor to see if it is what you are looking for.  Our hotel was very basic, but it was clean and very close to the Metro - - it was safe and perfect for us at the time.  It also had free breakfast in the morning, which was surprisingly good (funny what you can remember, many years later).  It would not have been something I would have enjoyed on my honeymoon (hotel had a lot of students in it, traveling in large groups, etc.)  However, I expected that because I had researched and read reviews in advance.  But It was convenient and safe for me and my Mom, so it worked out well.

All of the tours we booked as part of our package were great, no complaints and they lived up to their promises.  I think we did a trip to Versailles and a Eifle Tower dinner/tour.  Flights were fine, too.  No problems at all in that regard.  I can't help with Italy hotel recommendations, as we only went to Paris, but I would definitely use Gate 1 to book another trip in the future.   I would just make sure you research each hotel with reviews on Tripadvisor first.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I booked the 14 Day Tuscany & Amalfi with Venice & Rome with Gate 1 Travel so we shall see :-)
  • Options
    We took a tour in Italy with Gate 1.  We had a fantastic tour guide (that can really make or break a trip!) and we found a nice balance between guided tours (no waiting in lines for major sites!) and free time on our own to explore.  It was wonderful to be driven around from city to city and not have to worry about transportation.  We never even had to handle our luggage the entire trip!  I was always on the fence about tours (it was our first tour) because we love traveling just the two of us, but we really enjoyed this trip!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards