Honeymoon Discussions

Caribbean Question

Hi Ladies-
This question is for the ladies who have done some traveling to any of the carribean islands. My FI and I are wanting to honeymoon there but we are hoping for a specific feel when we go. If this sounds like something you have experienced, please share and if you could please recommend your hotel if you had a great experience. 

We are looking for an island that isn't too touristy but not completely secluded that we would feel isolated from civilization.
We want an island that has amazing beaches, perfect for snorkling (which I'm sure all have).
We want to stay at a hotel that is pretty close (maybe within walking distance or a short cab ride) to the downtown or an area with shopping, museaums, and other entertainment.
We want to honeymoon someplace that will have nice weather in the month of June.
We want a hotel that is looks modern and has nice amenities (like a massage).
Finally, we are looking for a honeymoon place where the locals are super friendly.

Thanks for any help to whoever replies. I just can't seem to find this perfect place by myself and I have never been to any of the islands, so any help would be helpful! Does it exist? :)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caribbean Question

• I have traveled to quite a few places...St. Thomas, Bahamas, St. Maartin, Martinique, Aruba, 3 places in Mexico, 2 places in Jamaica and Haiti

My favorite out of all of them for what you are asking was St. Maartin..It was peaceful and beautiful. There were alot of activities on the island..which is huge for me because I have to be busy..snorkeling, jet skis, parasailing, biking, hiking,etc..and the beaches are very nice.

The Bahamas were also very nice (Nassau) if you stay within your hotel. We stayed at Atlantis, which has more than enough to keep you occupied but I wouldn't recommend leaving the resort...same goes for Jamaica. All in all though I enjoyed every vacation and I would definitely do them all over again.

I dont know if this really helps you at all since I loved every island..LOL
  • Sounds like my honeymoon in Cozumel. We stayed at the Aura Cozumel Wyndham Grand Bay, which was just built in 2008, I think. Everything look modern and it's a boutique style hotel with only 87 rooms, so it's very small. It never felt crowded and the service was excellent.

It's about a 10 cab ride to downtown and everyone is very friendly. The have some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean as the entire island is basically a reef. They have lots of scuba diving too, if you want to try it out.

I'd check the reviews on TripAdvisor for details (my sn is VAgirl131 if you want to search for my review).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • st john, usvi sounds exactly like what you're looking for. curacao too.
    of the 15 islands/countries i've visited in the caribbean those happen to be 2 of my top 5.
    with st john you have the seclusion, beaches, nice downtown area and the bonus of ther ferry  to the other usvi and bvi.

• Turks & Caicos is amazing!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I forgot about St. John!!! Yes, i change my vote to St. John, then St. Maartin! LOL
  • I just recently got back from Puerto Rico.  It was an amazing vacation depending on the types of things you like to do, but I'm not sure I would choose it for a honeymoon per se.  Thought I'd throw it in the mix tho for you to check out if you'd like.  A lot of people usually forget about PR when talking about the Caribbean...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards