Honeymoon Discussions

Maui Oceanfront Condo Rec

Hello All,

I am trying to book our Maui honeymooon and I am in desperate need of recommendations. We would like to stay on Kaanapali beach in a condo.  The main requirements are

1. oceanfront
2. Clean
3. One bedroom (No studio)

Has anyone rented a condo in that area and have good or bad feedback on it? 

Thanks!

Re: Maui Oceanfront Condo Rec

• I have been on VRBO quite a bit.  Have you rented a maui condo through them?

• www.vrbo.com is a very reputable website. People on here have used it to travel all over the world. Most of the brides that have booked honeymoons to Hawaii have stayed in hotels though. If you are looking for someone with more experience on that specific beach or any further information you might want to check out the Trip Advisor message board for the specific city you are staying in. They are extremely helpful and could give you further advice about specific condos and their location.

• We used VRBO for our trip to Maui last April but we got a studio.
  • My husband and I stayed at the Aston Mahana at Kaanapali last Nivember and I would highly recommend it, most importatly since all rooms are oceanfront (i.e. no paying extra for it). It's also right across from a shopping plaza which has the Times Supermarket and is near to a farmer's market. Here's my review that I wrote for my blog on it:

http://www.theredheadedtraveler.com/2011/12/hotel-review-aston-mahana-at-kaanapali.html
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Philly - my H and I stayed right next door at the Ka'anapali Beach Club in January.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_maui-oceanfront-condo-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:d8d327f1-4af7-4a10-9e1c-0cd9b7617f65Post:2ea341de-a20e-4ab5-be29-eb9bafa05125">Re: Maui Oceanfront Condo Rec</a>:
    [QUOTE]Philly - my H and I stayed right next door at the Ka'anapali Beach Club in January.
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]

<div>That was another spot we had considered staying at :) We did eat a few meals there though since ours didn't have an on-site restaurant. </div>
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards