Outdoor Weddings

Shepherd's Hooks

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone used/seen shepherd's hooks as part of the decor at an outdoor wedding?  I'm thinking of lining the aisle with 10 of them (5 going up each side).  We will have 10 rows of seats and I figured one every 2 rows is fine.  What do you think?  Also, we're going to do very small flower arrangements in vases that will have ribbon around them to loop onto the hook....am I making sense?  Preferably real flowers, but since the hooks only hold 3 lbs. each if I can find really nice fake ones I may do that.  I really dislike the idea of fake flowers, but they would certainly be lighter, cheaper and easier to deal with. 

Re: Shepherd's Hooks

• Pretty sure shepherd's hooks are used pretty frequently for outdoor weddings. I'm using them for my tissue pomanders (placed every other row). It think your idea sounds fine, except for the vases. Maybe you could use a light basket or a tussy mussy holder (these are lighter and then you could use real flowers). Get some flowers from the grocery and make a mockup and see how it holds.

• D wanted to use the hooks for her outdoor wedding but the aisle is stone. We are looking for small pails to plant real flowers in and then wrap handle with ribbon and loop over chairs on the end of the aisles. Less expensive than pommanders but still real flowers. They might be an option for you. If we can't find the right container we just might use ribbon in wedding colors as streamers attached to the chairs..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_shepherds-hooks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:02bd0574-6958-4da1-91c4-52e12194e559Post:66ccc0ff-4dbc-4b10-b108-8f28eddfcbfb">Re: Shepherd's Hooks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty sure shepherd's hooks are used pretty frequently for outdoor weddings. I'm using them for my tissue pomanders (placed every other row). It think your idea sounds fine, except for the vases. Maybe you could use a light basket or a tussy mussy holder (these are lighter and then you could use real flowers). Get some flowers from the grocery and make a mockup and see how it holds.
    Posted by alecat9[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea about the baskets!  That's a great idea.  This is the kind of thing I was thinking.  I was thinking vases, but this picture they used mason jars, which I like the idea of even more.  Thoughts???

<a href="http://www.getmarried.com/wedding-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/flowers.jpg">http://www.getmarried.com/wedding-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/flowers.jpg</a>
  • I am using shepherd hooks as well. I got small ones from JoAnnes, only $4 and 70% off!  I am lining my aisle with 10, 5 on each side as well. I  am using white tissue paper pomanders. There are so many different ways that you can use them, you should be able to figure out a small arrangement. If you go to google images and type in "shepherd hooks for weddings" you'll see all kinds of pictures.  I personally love mason jars and I think they look cute with just a couple flowers in them on shepherd hooks like this picture.  Good luck!www.getmarried.com/wedding-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/flowers.jpg" alt="" />
  • I like the mason jars, too, I was torn between that and a little vase, like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am using them. I got small-ish ones from the Dollar Tree for, of course, a dollar!

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• We used them!  We had pommander balls hanging from ours.  They were great decorations!  We bought the hooks from Hobby Lobby at 50% off.  They have sales constantly, so keep an eye out
    Photobucket
  • I am going to be using them for my wedding! I found some BEAUTIFUL and cheap little hanging vases in all different colors at LunaBazaar.com. They have just about any color you would want and the vases are super cute for the price.
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards