Outdoor Weddings

ATTIRE HELP!!!

we are having a very low key, classy, backyard wedding in the heat of july/august, my girls will be wearing brown with pink accent, tee-length dresses, i am in a cream dress, and my fiance would like to wear white as well... so here is my dilemma:we want it to be casual and NOT wear clothing that is going to be too hot, so what do the men wear? should they wear black suits? will that be too hot, should they wear khakis? then what shirt? and what should my groom wear, shorts, white linen suit... im confused i need your help!!!

Re: ATTIRE HELP!!!

• Maybe you could consider tan suits and nice flip flops? I'm doing tan suits for our wedding. Or if you don't want suits or tuxes at all, you could just have them wear nice dress pants in a lighter color, like khaki, pair it with a white short-sleeve bottom down shirt and a tie.
  • The main thing that you need to decide is how formal do you feel like it should be. I've seen pictures of people getting married in shorts or khakis and short sleeved button-down shirts, if that is an okay look for you. Linen suits are designed for the heat, so if you want something more formal than khaki pants or shorts, then that would be something worth looking into. And some places, like Banana Republic make light-weight cotton summer suits [they might still have some on sale - I saw some about a month ago.] It does sound like black suits aren't the way to go. With pink, brown & cream, both khaki and white suits would look very nice. J. Crew would also be worth looking into. They have a wedding line with some outfits that might work for you.
  • We are just having our guys wear khaki pants and a white button down shirt (haven't decided on the tie yet). FI is wearing a light khaki cotton/linen suit from Banana Republic that was on sale (we got a great price!) and a white button down shirt (no tie for him, its his day too!). It really depends on the formality of your wedding. Khaki shorts and button down shirts with flip-flops would be cool if you are having a casual wedding.
  • Ladies, For anyone who had the men in linen, did it wrinkle badly?  I'm wondering about the pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards