Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Barbados recommendations?

The search function isn't working and I haven't seen anything in the past couple pages.  Has anyone here been to Barbados and can give opinions?  I'm open to other Caribbean Islands as well.

We are getting married 10/13/12 and want to go on a 9-10 night HM right after.  I want to keep it around $3500 for air and hotel.  We like to stay at smaller independent hotels, rent a car, and see the island, and sit on the beach.  Places we've been before are out of the question: Aruba, Jamaica, DR, St. Lucia, Grand Bahama.

Re: Barbados recommendations?

• Options
    We went on a 5 island cruise and Barbados was by far our favorite island. The water was beautiful. I highly recommend taking a catamaran and snorkeling trip with the sea turtles. I hope we get to go back someday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi! We honeymooned in Barbados for 10 nights last Oct, after our HM to Anguilla was canceled twice due to hurricanes. Barbados, like Aruba, is further south so we figured we'd have a chance at better weather. It was not perfect but certainly dry and sunny 75% of the time. We went for the same type of trip you described as well as the food... DH is a foodie and Barbados is known for its restaurants. We stayed at the Crane which was nice, but very remote. We thought this would be good since it was our HM but it was far from the action! There are a ton of great places to stay- I heard good things about this family of hotels: http://www.eleganthotels.com/ You will love Barbados. The people are so nice, the water is amazing and the island is easy to get around, even with driving UK style. Definitely take the catamaran trip and visit the Oistins Fish Fry on Friday night. Feel free to PM if you'd like any other information.
  • Options
    I will be going to Barbados for my honeymoon this June and I cannot wait!  I have family history there and plan on getting to the church where my great granfather was baptised.  We are staying at Crystal Cove, which is more pricier than most of the other resorts, but it is an all-inclusive.  I talked to a few people who been there and said it is beautiful, and the food is good and well worth it, as Barbados is one of more exspensive islands.  I plan on getting out to see the island.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Thanks for the recs - I will check out those 2 hotels!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards