Outdoor Weddings
Options

Back up plans

I am planning a wedding for October of 2011 and we are looking at having the ceremony by the local state park lake and the reception indoors.  Any ideas on what I can do for a back up plan in case it rains?  I am at a loss.... 

Re: Back up plans

• Options
    Rent a big tent??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter's back up plan amounted to having the ceremony in the reception place with everyone sitting at their tables.  Thank goodness it stopped raining4 hours before after raining all morning  :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    i don't have a back up plan and i'm getting married next month....the chapel is open but it has a roof....if it rains i'm sh*t out of luck and i'm going to be a wet bride. pray it doesn't rain! but yeah i'd see about renting a big tent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, I would have a back-up plan no matter what.  Most opt for their reception venue as the back-up.  But I would make sure to do something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_back-up-plans-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:121ea11d-7417-40e8-a62e-c4c9f748d6ecPost:fd7adc78-5d35-42c9-9905-fa2078734a40">Re: Back up plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't have a back up plan and i'm getting married next month....the chapel is open but it has a roof....if it rains i'm sh*t out of luck and i'm going to be a wet bride. pray it doesn't rain! but yeah i'd see about renting a big tent.
    Posted by wwnbw[/QUOTE]

<div>this is me alll the way. I'm just praying!! I looked in the almanac and October should be pretty dry though.</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our back up plan was our reception site, which was indoors. It was the cheapest and easiest alternative.
  • Options

I think you need some sort of tent!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_back-up-plans-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:121ea11d-7417-40e8-a62e-c4c9f748d6ecPost:f19696d6-fd09-4b71-8a7e-216d40d6969f">Re: Back up plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]My daughter's back up plan amounted to having the ceremony in the reception place with everyone sitting at their tables.  Thank goodness it stopped raining4 hours before after raining all morning  :)
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]

this is what we're doing (besides praying for sun!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards