Outdoor Weddings
Options

Color dilemma

We're having an outdoor wedding at my fiance's parent's house. It will be a garden setting, grassy yard. The food we want to serve is bbq. We want our wedding to be casual yet classy, and fun. My mom's doing the flowers, and we've decided on tulips & lilies (so we have a lot of color options there).
We're not into browns or oranges. Not really into a whole lot of green either (we figure the setting will take care of that). He wants to wear either a black or charcoal tux.
Those are the parameters basically... and now I'm stumped! There are so many color combos we like, we just can't make up our minds!
Anyone have any color ideas? How did you come up with your colors? Help!!

Re: Color dilemma

• Options
    im doing a beach wedding with green, pink, and blue (3 BM, 3 GM, 2 FG, 1 RB). my best friend is getting married next year in her parents garden at their house. so far she has pink, blue,and purple but lighter, brighter colors than mine. they match the flowers pretty well. she also didnt want to do green either because she thought the garden greenery would take care of that & it would be too much green. she also has all of her GM in black, so i think that would be fine. all the colors together that she has picked look really good.

things to think about:
    What are yours and your fiances favorite colors?
    Will there be other flowers in the garden? What colors are those?

I picked colors based on mine, my husbands, and the kids favorite colors. mine is pink. my husbands is green. the FG love pink and blue & the RB loves green. just seemed to work out better that way & i really like it. I also found all of my BM dresses (which are sundresses)for a total of $40 & they only came in green, pink, and blue.
  • Options
    I chose aqua and fuchsia. I love bright colors and blue and pink are also my favorite colors! Like you said, tulips come in a wide variety of colors so the possibilities are endless. I think a deep purple would like nice with a bright pink, or you could do navy and red for more of a nautical feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have an outside wedding, and we ended up doing daisies. We are doing black with pops of hot pink red orange and yellow.... Your colors are endless but it really determines on what you like.....

I say go for the like aintuque look, pale pink light blue and cream. add little bits of cream fethers very old hollywood classy feel. You can still have your classic wedding feel with a BBQ food. My friend did this and had Sonny's cater!
  • Options
    Im having an outside wedding as well I want all white flowers and for the reception I think I want it under a tent and I want white flowers there too.
    My bms are wearing  lavender and purple but I have no idea on what the gm should wear any suggestions. I need to add something else to the colors I just dont know what it is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards