Outdoor Weddings
Options

dressing up the home

My fi andd I are going to have the reception on family property (currently no one is living there). there is a mobile home on the property that isnt very pretty although the best place for the reception in my opinion is behind the home  there is a terace and a large deck that will be the dance floor as well as a large picnic table my grandpa built that would be great for the buffett but I am having a hard time convincing my FI due to the mobile home. I have come up with ways to discise the dog kenals, also behind the house, i plan to hang fabric, but I am having trouble finding ways to dress up the mobile home. Any ideas

Re: dressing up the home

• Options
    What are you doing about bathrooms?

• Options
    -A coat of fresh paint can work wonders!!

-Is there a way to include it? PP mentioned restrooms... maybe you could hang a wreath on the door and have cute sign(s) pointing for your guests to "freshen up" in the mobile home's restroom?

-What about those white Xmas lights that hang down then scoop back up hung neatly on the mobile home?

-Do you have time to plant a pretty garden in front of it?

-Your florist might have some ideas

-I don't know if space will allow, but you could orient your whole party so your guest's backs are to it. Your guests will be looking at you, so if you face it, they won't be.

-Remember this is practice for your marriage... don't let the location come between you. You and your FI both need to remember that if you keep it at your family's place, or another place you're both happy with, -either way it'll be the happiest day of your lives! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards