Outdoor Weddings

Ceremony and receiving line schedule/ cocktail hr

Hi I was wondering how much I should space the Ceremony from the cocktail hr so there's time for a receiving line before Cocktail hrs and us have pictures taken.  Say I have my ceremony at 5:30, 20 min ceremony then time for a receiving line then cocktail hr at 6:30 should that be sufficient time?

Re: Ceremony and receiving line schedule/ cocktail hr

• If they are in the same place, I would start cocktail hour immediately after the ceremony. If there is distance bectween ceremony and reception sites, factor in travel time and then start cocktail hour. This is so guests have something to do while you are finishing up the recieving line and having your pictures taken.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ^The above is what I was thinking -- yes, some people will be the last to get through the receiving line, but others will be the first and you'll want to have the reception ready for them.

How long the receiving line will take will depend on the size of your wedding, but the cocktail hour should still start as soon as the ceremony is over (if it's in the same place) or the end of the ceremony + driving time (if they're in different locations).
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards