Outdoor Weddings

Coping emotionally with rain.....

Just curious how anyone has dealt with the realization ahead of time that the rain plan is more a likely hood than the "dream" plan actually is?  I'm getting married next Sunday and the forcast is predicting rain from this tuesday until the next. :(  I know that's the reason why we have a rain plan but it's just totally not what I had imagined for my wedding and instead of getting really excited this last week I'm just kinda sad.  I'm still excited for the actual getting married part, I just feel like it sucks that we spent so much money to make a gorgeous outdoor on the beach wedding and it's not going to happen.  I guess part of me getting over it is venting on tk. :)
photo c5dc5e88-48f8-44ab-b391-57c945a2a7c9_zps31846873.jpg

Abigail and Emily born at 38w5d
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
"Two Babies, Two Boobies" - That's how I roll.

Re: Coping emotionally with rain.....

• Weather can change all the time..and even then it's not always right.

Is the whole wedding outside or just the ceremony? If it is just the ceremony then all you need is that little bit of time without rain. There were showers predicted for our day, but it held off for the ceremony, and rained about 3 hours later for about 15 minutes.  Plus, having an overcast sky makes for better pictures too! Don't focus on the weather, espeically since you can't control it. Just enjoy your day regardless.
    Anniversary
  • As hard as it is, try not to focus on that and just think about your wedding day.  It's going to come and go whether it rains or not...at the end of the day you'll still marry your best friend.
    On our wedding day, isolated thunderstorms were predicted and I just kept telling myself that maybe there will be a pocket of time that will be clear so we can run outside onto the beach and do our ceremony!  I woke up that day to pouring rain and darkness!  I was really sad, yelling at God in my head, and just crushed that I'd worked for months and months on planning a beach wedding just to have it end up inside!  Just after lunch time the rain stopped and the skys started to clear, we did get our pocket of time for our 4pm ceremony.  As I started to say my vows the sun finally shinned through the clouds (my Dads doing up in Heaven, I do believe)!  Once the ceremony and pictures were done you could see dark clouds rolling back in.
    My point is, even though the forcast says rain for your wedding day, you really don't know what it's going to be like until that day and even then the weather can change!  Try to stay optimistic!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • You have time, have fun with it. Go and buy umbrellas for your guests, rain boots, just take it in stride and know that no matter what you have a beautiful future with your husband to look forward to. 
  • On the cape actually but yeah the weather forcast changed and now it's looking perfect.  But thanks for all the advice even if it does change back to rain.  I think its nice knowng i'm not the only one thinking about it and you're right, i'm so excited to be marrying fi it will be awesome no matter what. :)
    photo c5dc5e88-48f8-44ab-b391-57c945a2a7c9_zps31846873.jpg

Abigail and Emily born at 38w5d
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    "Two Babies, Two Boobies" - That's how I roll.
  • I GOT MARRIED IN THE POURING RAIN! IT WAS SOOOOO ROMANTIC! It actually worked out for the best! I worried for a year, and then it happened and we made the best of it! I am going to try to post some pictures on my blog soon, but I want to share my dos and don'ts and advise! If you have any questions for me, feel free to leave them on my blog under comments, and I will definitely get back to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards