Outdoor Weddings
Options

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

I want to have an outdoors, day, spring, fresh wedding. My only concern is: what do I do about the bugs? Flies, mosquitoes, etc.
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.

• Options
    tiki torches?
  • Options
    See if your venue can spray for bugs the morning of or the night before. They also make machines (I think they're like $100..) that attract mosquitoes and kill them. Crap, I can't for the life of me remember what they're called...but you could get one and put it in the parking lot or way off in the corner away from where people will be. Bugs in the area will be attracted to that and leave you alone.
  • Options
    Is your venue a place that does a lot of outdoor weddings?  If so, they probably have plans in place for this already, so I would just ask about it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    When in the spring?  Our wedding was in April in Virginia, and there were no bugs.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We're planning on having our wedding at a state park, in spring, in Louisiana. So bugs are definitely a concern for me. I'm definitely interested to hear any ideas on how to at least keep the number of bugs down.
  • Options
    We are using tiki torches. We have a couple of ponds too, and they have this natural stuff you can put in water to kill mosquito eggs. I'm not above putting a couple citrinila candles arond either. They make them scentless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards