Outdoor Weddings

nature/outdoor wedding theme for my indoor wedding?

I have always wanted an outdoor wedding, but decided that having my wedding in the church that I grew up in was the best decision for various reasons. What if I made my wedding theme nature? I'm on a tight budget so I'm not sure how plausible this would be. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do for my nature-esque wedding theme on a budget? Is this even possible?
Thank you for your help & please be respectful :)

Re: nature/outdoor wedding theme for my indoor wedding?

• I've seen a lot of birch branches being used as decor in churches. Having some sort of branches will add to that outdoor feeling. If you know someone who owns a bigger property maybe they'll let you take some from their woods?
  • Nature provides everything for free! Now, I may be quite priviledge to live in BC with tonnes of huge trees around, but go to a local park and start snapping broken branches off trees. (don't take live ones!) Gather leaves from the ground (You could use these instead of petals), maybe you need to cut a tree down in your yard or a friend does? I'm cutting down a few trees this year and instead of using for burning, we're cutting the trunk up into 2 inch thick round "placemats". We're using these as a base for our centrepieces.

Lots of natural elements: cheesecloth, burlap, hay. Bring in trees, flowers. The list is endless. Just think natural.

• I was going to suggest burlap and natural textures, watch out for hay though! Lots of people are allergic. 
  • The best things in life are free, baby! :D DIY I think can be very doable for you. Use some pine boughs over the doorways, use birch branches with some moss and smooth stones for centerpieces, or even just oak or maple or whatever you can find locally. And wildflowers, of course. Queen Anne's Lace( aka wild carrots) are very pretty, black eyed susans grow in the wild....well, at least they do where I live. Take a look online, at your local library, or maybe even just in your back yard or a local park, and see what you might have available to you. But i think a "nature" theme could be very nice, and if you're kinda crafty and a little more ambitious, you could do it all for next to nothing!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards