Outdoor Weddings

Ceremony music?

What did you do for ceremony music? We've booked a string duo, but they will not play if it is above 90 degrees. I've been looking at the 10 day forcast, even though it changes everyday and doesn't show the 2nd yet, it looks like it's going to be close. 

Re: Ceremony music?

• We are also having a guitarist/vocalist play at our wedding. We're pretty much letting him choose what he wants to play while the guests are being seated and then for the mother's we are having him play Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring; for the bridal party and myself he will be playing & singing Marry Me by Train; he'll be playing an accoustic version of You and Me by Lifehouse for the sand ceremony and then we'll probably have something pre-recorded like You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates for the Recessional. GL!!

• Since we are going to be outdoors too - we are going a totally different route for the ceremony. We are going to have a cd by pianist Danny Wright (Phantasys) playing up until the prelude for the wedding march. The prelude will be Pachobel's Canon where my mom and sister of the groom are seated and then the bridal party goes down the aisle. Then flip the cd and the wedding march. We would have liked to have live music but started running into tempremental musicians too. (Apparently not ALL artists are starving!)

I did a little survey of some of my guests who I knew would give us honest opinions and they all said they hate live wedding bands. Too cheesy. So they liked our idea and said at least everything will be in tune! And for the reception, we are mixing our own cds from my future husbands extensive collection. We'll be playing Def Leopard, Journey, Bon Jovi - all the fun music!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_ceremony-music-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:2ef7f6eb-083b-4a68-a46f-25c3e62602ccPost:acafbcd3-c043-4a06-904a-a7f0d16b20d9">Re: Ceremony music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since we are going to be outdoors too - we are going a totally different route for the ceremony. We are going to have a cd by pianist Danny Wright (Phantasys) playing up until the prelude for the wedding march. The prelude will be Pachobel's Canon where my mom and sister of the groom are seated and then the bridal party goes down the aisle. Then flip the cd and the wedding march. We would have liked to have live music but started running into tempremental musicians too. (Apparently not ALL artists are starving!) I did a little survey of some of my guests who I knew would give us honest opinions and they all said they hate live wedding bands. Too cheesy. So they liked our idea and said at least everything will be in tune! And for the reception, we are mixing our own cds from my future husbands extensive collection. We'll be playing Def Leopard, Journey, Bon Jovi - all the fun music!
    Posted by Tina3104[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>The only thing I'm worried about with using a CD is that the music may not be long enough ( we have a little bit of a walk) or that whoever is in charge of the CD would just turn it off in the middle of a note instead of smoothly letting it fade out.

</div>
  • We too are having a string quartet that will not play above 90 some degrees,  I'm a wedding musician so I have always said I would get married in a papersack if it meant having a string quartet so I'm more than a little stressed about our July in Iowa wedding....eek!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using a CD for processional and recessional and then first dance.  After this we are using my Ipod and have requested people to bring their favorite CDs.  Processional is Pachelbel's Canon - recessional is I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles.  Unsure yet about first dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards