Outdoor Weddings

outdoor receptions

for those of you having outdoor receptions how are you handling electrical issues as far as lighting, music, food, etc

Re: outdoor receptions

• I had a 40' x 40' tent right beside the garage that was wired for sound and light, and my food was all cold (gourmet wraps, fruits, etc) and needed no preparation onsite or refrigeration. It's doable, you just have to rethink your schedule and your food if you have no means of electricity. GL!
  • we are having it in a picnic pavilion, which is already wired, but the ceremony is in a feild and we are still working on that one.
  • If you don't mind the noise, I would suggest a generator, depending on how large your party is going to be.  You can always try to position it away from the tent/reception/whatever as far as possible so that it's not right "on top" of the event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks guys...i am really trying to avoid an indoor reception, but if it's gonna be a headache i may just have to take it indoors. but i refuse to give up my outdoor ceremony
  • ReghanReghan member
    First Comment
    Our reception is basically on the side of the house, so the only wiring we're having will be for a sound system. All the food cooking/preparation will be done inside the house. The actual meal (pasta and two diff sauces) will be in those containers that you put over a flame. (I'm not sure what they are called but it comes in a kit so you actually don't need electricity to keep the food hot.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards