Outdoor Weddings
Options

Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!

My husband and I were married on October 15th, 2011 (Sweetest Day). We had our wedding and our reception on a historic farm in Aurora, IN called Veraestau. Our wedding took place outside, on the front steps of the 200 year-old farmhouse and the reception took place in the formal dining room. I have had many people ask me how I decorated and how I made the decorations, so I thought that I would post some photos on here for those of you who are planning rustic weddings. Since our wedding took place in the Fall season, I used a lot of Mums, Sunflowers, Wheat, Cattails, Pumpkins and Ghourds. I'm also madly in love with the artistic use of Mason canning jars. I made all of the centerpieces and all of the bouquets, including my own. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Vendors:
Invitations and photos created by Marissa Bowers Art * Design * Photo of Lebanon, OH. www.mbadp.com
Cake created by Renee Whitham of Ne's Cakes of Erlanger, KY - find Ne's Cakes on Facebook.
Dress by David's Bridal; boots by Ariat. Three-tiered Cathedral veil handmade by Meg's Veils. www.etsy.com
For more information on the venue: www.indianalandmarks.org.

"If I speak in the tonguesof men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing." -Corinthians

imageAnniversary image

Re: Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!

• Options
    ah54113ah54113 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    :) Thanks!
    imageAnniversary image
  • Options
    where using a bunch of mason jars at our wedding ( a long with a bunch of vases from goodwill :) )
    did you have the mason jars at the tables to, if so what did you have in them?
    So far i was thinking of sand and tea lights, salt and tea lights, rafia water floating candle...

I like how the candy looks it them where those at the tables or just at a main candy table?
  • Options
    Outside, I had a jar on each table with water and a floating tea light candle in it. Simple and inexpensive! I also surrounded each jar with different colored Ghourds. In the dining room, I placed jars filled with candy on the table - the dining room had a huge antique dining table and this was where we served all of the food.
    imageAnniversary image
  • Options
    Gorgeous! We're planning on doing a rustic wedding as well. AND YES... we will be using mason jars for lots of things, too. I'm still debating if I want to do the "take a jar & keep it" thing because that would mean buying that many more mason jars. Haha.
  • Options
    :) Thanks! Yeah, some of the jars we used were antique and I think that someone made off with a couple! :( But, a case of new jars is about $10-$12 at Wal-Mart.
    imageAnniversary image
  • Options
    gorgeous!
  • Options
    ah54113ah54113 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

For some reason, my post has been removed or cannot be found. Sorry to those of you who didn't receive responses.

imageAnniversary image
  • Options

To The Knot - why was my post removed? All of those photos came from the disc from our photographer and I have a print release. Also, the ticker was created on your own site and I followed your site's instructions for adding photos to my signature.

imageAnniversary image
  • Options
    gonna copy those ideas   Thanks again
  • Options
    speaking of mason jars - we are using spaghetti sauce jars that we'll clean up and strip the label off of instead.  Certain brands look more mason jar-ish than others.  I like the idea of recycling something and dressing it up a bit instead of buying jars just for the purpose of the wedding (nothing wrong with that of course!).  Just thought I'd pass it along for what its worth.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_our-rustic-wedding-thought-wed-share-our-ideas-with-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:486cae50-e657-4d83-9cd4-7ff0f7d20010Post:b54946dc-7f6c-463e-ad0b-a33ce6732b4a">Re: Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]To The Knot - why was my post removed? All of those photos came from the disc from our photographer and I have a print release. Also, the ticker was created on your own site and I followed your site's instructions for adding photos to my signature.
    Posted by ah54113[/QUOTE]

The Knot has been having some IT issues lately, that was probably one of them. Your OP is back now, and I just saw all your lovely photos! It looks beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards