Outdoor Weddings

Re: *

• You need to make sure that you have shaded space (even later in the evening) since the sun will stay up until at leat 9 in July.  I'm not certain how hot it is where you are but it was 32C+ on our wedding day and we managed prety well although it was hot.  Make sure you pass it around that it's on the lawn and that you set the less formal tone with your invites.  You'll also need a rainplan.
  • No, you're not crazy ... I am also a July bride. I agree with PP - make sure you have a rain plan.  Once that's in place, you're good to go.  Enjoy!
  • I'm having a backyard wedding at my MIL's house that same day! Their backyard has a lot of trees so there's a ton of shade. We're planning on going with a rustic garden theme to fit the setting. Good luck!!! 
  • Go for it!  Outdoor weddings in July are fun!  One suggestion that you could do is ask your guests to wear white cotton to the wedding.  It will help keep them cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_am-crazy-outdoor-july?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:4aa59811-271d-470c-a814-ae4134edf239Post:7678b60c-4ef1-4fa4-b96b-5c793942df62">Re: Am I crazy? Outdoor in July?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Think about other outside events you've been to in July/August (BBQs, picnics, etc.) and think about what was done then in terms of time outside, shade, drinks, etc.
    Posted by sister2groom[/QUOTE]

I think the difference is that generally people dress in tank tops and shorts for these, and I never stay at them more than two hours max if it's hot. So I would probably take more measures for an outdoor wedding than I would for a BBQ.

I think that even if you tell people to dress casually, they're still going to try to look a little nice.  And I imagine the bride will want to be comfortable and still look nice, too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My wedding day is July 2,2011.

It's going to be outdoor ceremony & reception inside. I know it's going to be super freakin hot in July in South Carolina. To help things out, we are getting a tent for shade, bottled water for the guests before the ceremony & making our programs into fans. The ceremony isn't going to be long, 20 max. So I think they should be good. If I were you, I would def. make sure they have these:
    1.) SHADE
    2.) H20
    3.) some sort of fan

Good luck :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No your not crazy my wedding is July 23, 2011, in my sisters back yard. It is covered in trees, so we are having it spray three week sprior once a week for mosquitos.

Is there anythign else that anyone can think of that us July gals should prepare for?
  • I got married in July outside at Pristine Chapel. THey allowed all of my guests to wait in an airconditioned grand foyer until the seating started. I also was allowed to use the chapel for pictures so my makeup did not melt before the wedding. The chapel is reserved for rain since we do live in Georgia! Their indoor and outdoor weddings are the same price. Music system rocks outside by their private lake.
  • For budget and family reasons, we are having our wedding outdoors in July as well (and in my FMIL's backyard). The average temp here in July is 83 degrees or so, which is warm, but not unbearably hot. Some days it can be in the 90s or over 100. But once the sun goes down it becomes much more pleasant, and even downright chilly. So, we're having the ceremony at 7:30 and keeping our fingers crossed that there's no heat wave during the middle of July.

• some tent rental companies have A/C units as well - look into that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you want to get rid of mosquitoes without it smelling terrible from the pesticides try eucalyptus.  Cut some or have  the scent sprayed around the area and the mosquitoes will stay away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards