Outdoor Weddings

perfect time of day for a beach wedding?

We are trying to decide whether to keep our plan for a beach wedding around 5:30pm (with the reception taking place afterward about 30 minutes away) or to move it earlier in the day. 

The wedding will be in Florida...in AUGUST...so I know the beach will be packed, there is a chance of afternoon storm, and it is going to be HOT.

I don't really want to move the ceremony any later because that will lose even more time for pictures & reception since we are not having that right on the beach as well. I am now wondering if it would be better off to do it earlier in the day, maybe around 11 or 11:30 though.

Any thoughts??

Re: perfect time of day for a beach wedding?

• I think you'd be better off starting at 5:30 because if you start at 11 or 11:30 it's going to start getting towards the warmest part of the day and more people will start coming onto the beach (depending on how long your ceremony is). At 5:30 I imagine that a fair amount of people will be leaving the beach to go and make dinner.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi @nicolee1230 I agree with @winelover123 It would be much better if you hold it at 5:00.
    and you can get to see the sunset, if there is any view on that beach. Smile Best of wishes !
  • I agree you should keep it later in the day. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you everyone :
  • I agree, beach will probably be less crowded then (make sure you check with local authorities to see if there are any restrictions to time or location or if you need a permit to reserve a portion of the beach)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards