Outdoor Weddings
Options

outdoor seating alternatives

So I'm ready to figure out my outdoor seating.  My probable options are hay bales, blankets, or pillows.  I'm not sure which would be the most cost effective and easiest.  My ideal budget is about 200.  Any thoughts?  Our theme is bbq/picnic.

Note:  Chairs are not allowed except for the elderly and the park system thinks we should just have a standing ceremony, but I'm not keen on this idea.

Re: outdoor seating alternatives

• Options
    Hy bales covered by blankets would be fine. I wouldn't do just blankets or pillows by themselves as it might be difficult for guests to sit like that. You are right to decline a standing ceremony.
  • Options
    I agree I would go with the hay bales covered with blankets. It will be easier for guests to sit and to get back up. I also think the hay bales would be really cool with your outdoor BBQ/picnic theme.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I like the blankets on hay bales idea.

Do you know of any guests with hay allergies? I worked at a summer camp with a guy that had them, and he was fine to sit on hay bales as long as they were convered with something. I don't know if everyone's allergies work like that, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks.  Now to figure out where to find it.
  • Options
    i'd be careful with blankets on hay. having sat on those before, they are SO pokey and sort of itchy. And if the blankets are not very durable, some stubborn pieces of hay poke through and  leave marks on clothing. I've been to a party were several dresses got tiny tears.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm considering changing my wedding cereomony to be where the reception is at this beautiful lakeside center so I don't have to pay for two venues. It has the perfect amphitheater seating overlook thing... I'd have a concrete aisle winding down a path and there is only seating for 30... but i'm having 200 ... so the veue won't let me take chairs outside. 

I'm up a creek bc I'm so broke there is no way I can rent chairs... or buy hay bales. I think I'm going to do the standing thing, although I'm not keen on it either. 
    Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am doing bales outside overlooking a damn. I have the bales, but I don't know where to find blankets and a lot of them. Like someone already said, thin blankets look super cute but they hay/straw can poke through and snag or be itchy. I'm having a country theme so I'm not sure what I'm going to cover the bales with. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    So to update everyone, we've decided to do just blanets because hay bales would take too much time.  were renting the space  for only two hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards