Outdoor Weddings

Lavender Themed Wedding

I very much want to do a lavender themed wedding, but I'm worried that it will be too much.  So far, I've decided on fresh lavender bouquets & boutonnieres, dried lavender throwing rice, lavender cupcakes and lemonade, and decorations here and there made of lavender.  It's an outdoor wedding and I'm having a ceremony arbor that will probably be decorated with lavender and the hanging white "popcorn style" flowers.  What are your thoughts?  If anyone has actually used lavender at their wedding, I'd love to hear your story.
Worries: overpowering smell, dried lavender crumbly & messy, too much lavender.

Thank you!!

Re: Lavender Themed Wedding

• I responded somewhere else that you posted....be careful about tossing lavender b/c I hear people can be very allergic to it.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks for the advice, everyone!  I am going to stick with lavender for a few things, like my bouquet, the toss, and some decorations.  Our theme is modern, with purple, blue & grey/silver colors so the lavender will fit right in.  Hopefully people will make the connection that there will be lavender present after seeing my invites & website.

I agree that we should leave lavender out of the food!  :)
  • I have decided to incorporate lavender into our wedding as well. Bridesmaids bouquets and table arrangements so far. I am having a hard time finding invitations I like with lavender on the front. May I ask where you are getting yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards