Outdoor Weddings

Makeup advice for outdoor wedding in August

Hey all!  I'm getting married outside in August in PA (so it can get pretty hot here) and I'm debating what to do for makeup.  Should I do it myself (I can really only do foundation & blush since I don't usually wear makeup), or pay someone else to do it?  And what kind...standard liquid, mineral based, airbrush???  I'm kinda at a loss...and it's pretty expensive for makeup in this area so I don't want to pay for it and then sweat it off or look horrible in pics!  Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this in summer???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup advice for outdoor wedding in August

• i'm wondering the same thing! Getting married outside in Maryland in the first week of september!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm planning on just getting regular makeup and then just blotting with some oil absorbing sheets whenever I start getting shiny. I have really oily skin so I'm used to it anyway.
  • I'd same the same precautions as for tears - waterproof, and mineral powder (which won't leave you looking like you have rivers down your cheeks). I'm also planning on using sweatblock on risk areas of my face and body to make sure I don't sweat profusely - best to try it beforehand though, to check for allergies. I tried and it works wonderfully.
  • Go buy Urban Decay makeup setting spray. It'll keep your makeup in place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards