Outdoor Weddings
Options

Camo and colors!! HELP

So I am trying to pick out colors.....I know I like to have yellows, browns, greens, and a pop of purple/blue.....but my fiance wants a hint of camo too.....should I drop the purple/blue so the camo fits in better with the color scheme?  I wanted a pop of some sort of color, but I also feel this is his wedding too and he really wants some camo. 

Re: Camo and colors!! HELP

• Options
    greens and browns and light yellow (tan) are camo colors then u can have your pop of color. or pop of camo
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_camo-and-colors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:6ef96d6d-cef4-45b7-8d00-9e1ed82b7868Post:a3c4893a-7299-454d-ae4b-370322d4abad">Camo and colors!! HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am trying to pick out colors.....I know I like to have yellows, browns, greens, and a pop of purple/blue.....but my fiance wants a hint of camo too.....should I drop the purple/blue so the camo fits in better with the color scheme?  I wanted a pop of some sort of color, but I also feel this is his wedding too and he really wants some camo. 
    Posted by erikagilbreath[/QUOTE]

Camo has the potential to turn out REALLY bad.  If you google camo weddings, you'll see what I mean.  I would stick with deep rust or oranges, yellows and browns.  I would probably skip the purple and blue.

Also, I have seen some couples do the "camo" at the reception, so their ceremony photos/formal family photos aren't covered in camo.  For example, the groom and groomsmen can change into a camo vest or tie after the ceremony. 

I'm not sure how much camo you mean when you say "touch of camo", but it is easy to go overboard, very quickly. 
  • Options
    My fiance is insisting on a camo vest and tie so I think my colors will be chocolate brown, green, and a nice orange to accent the dark colors. You could always do a camo grooms cake for him.
  • Options
    Wow, your wedding sounds similar to mine. I think the guys are wearing khaki pants and vest, with a camo tie and that is about the extent of the camo. I think my colors will be brown and yellow so they are complimentary.
  • Options
    Maybe do fall colors? I don't know when your wedding will be, but you can still have that camo feel without having actual camo.

Just please don't do that bright hunter's orange.
  • Options
    I had thought about doing the orange.....but it seemed too fallish to me and we are doing ours early spring.  So I have offically decided to keep it simple....pale yellow, white, green, and light brown (burlap brown lol).  The fiance (still so new to me to say) is going with the camo tie and vest, starched NICE jeans, and we are thinking a brown jacket/blazer.  We are calling it "Romantic country rustic chic".  We plan on using tons of sunflowers, bringing in wood, sunflower and bird seeds, and even using some herbs in small jars with our center pieces, and lights....tons of candles and lights (like christmas lights, just not so christmas-ie.  All the out door stuff....but indoors! We still have time, and I'm sure I will change my mind about a few things, all I know is he wants camo, and I want sunflowers :)  

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_camo-and-colors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:6ef96d6d-cef4-45b7-8d00-9e1ed82b7868Post:a145a14e-7b65-4a93-bd28-6919a4574ebd">Re: Camo and colors!! HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe do fall colors? I don't know when your wedding will be, but you can still have that camo feel without having actual camo. Just please don't do that bright hunter's orange.
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards