Outdoor Weddings

outdoor wedding...how do I incorporate my colors?

This is probably a silly question, but we are getting married outside on my fiance's parent's property...complete with old barn. My colors and black and white and green, bridesmaid dresses are black, bouquets are green (apple) and white...centerpieces are green apples and branches...other than that I don't know how to incorporate all my colors, especially black, into the decor without making it look inappropriately formal for an outdoor wedding. and clash with the more neutral/country style surroundings.  Any ideas would be great! Thank you!

Re: outdoor wedding...how do I incorporate my colors?

• When's your wedding? As far as ideas go, it is hard to say really. I did A LOT of searching through google and The Knot for all of my ideas, and a lot of inspiration from fellow knotties by checking out their bios. Then I just complied all of my ideas into a folder on my laptop and then went through all of them, and decided what would fit best with what we were going for. One way that I'm incorporating all of my colors during the ceremony is by doing pomander balls to line the aisle. If you're interested, I made directions in my bio under DIY. GL!
  • You can drape fabric in your wedding colors, aisle runner, or use more floral arrangements to bring the colors together outdoors.

• dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • In the decor of the reception I would use the black as an accent color and use lots of green and white. You can use what ever flowers you choose for the table arrangements and tie the black in with ribbons.IDK if you are doing table numbers but if you are you can use black frames with a e-pic and the table #. As for the table clothes you can do the majority green and white with a few black ones thrown in. For our farm wedding we are hanging colored lanterns in the trees. I would do some google searched and save picture that you like. that process really helped me create a mental image of what I wanted my wedding to look like. Then once you get and idea you can have your FI and Bridal party add in any other ideas.
    We are also getting married at my parents farm red barn included! IDK what type of flower you are using but one really nice thing about not using a venue is that you can plant you your flower throughout the property. We are using sunflowers so it works really well. HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also in the process of planning a barn reception *we're getting married in the field right in front of it* and I'm wanting my colors to be black, hot pink, and a certain blue! My friend who is also my "wedding planner" is wanting me to reconsider my black because of having it in the barn and a more casual wedding! I'm waiting til the barn gets built before I make any permanent plans because I've always wanted my girls in black! I think it can be cute and casual as much as it can be sexy and formal :)
  • thanks everybody those are some good ideas!
  • I am pondering an outdoor wedding myself. My colors are pink and green. I'm getting all my accessories (menus, placecards, and programs) color coordinated in pink/greeen flowers.  All their designs use these small handbeaded flowers that are made from either small Japanese glass beads (which come in a bunch of different colors) or pearl beaded flowers.  I decided to go with the pearl beaded flowers and I'm going to alternate the color of the flower "centers" in pink and green.  If you click the link, you can see my design on the page (it's called "Flower w/ ribbon")

http://twinklecards.com/weddings/placecards.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards